or Connect

Posts by foreverinbluejeans

EPing is so hard!!! You don't realize it but you have made things hard for yourself. It's not nice to mess with mother nature. If you stop pumping and bottles your body will make the amount of milk you need. It is not helping you for others to give bottles. Get a Moby or a sling and you can nurse and do other things. Put a bassinet in your room. Nurse in bed and pop baby back in the bassinet when done.   I am a grandmother living with my son's family. I have 3.5 yo...
My dil went back to work this week and I am taking care of my 7 week grandson. She has been gone 10 hours a day and left 4oz, 3 oz, and today a little over 1 oz of milk. I think he needs an ounce for every hour she is gone. She has a hospital grade pump from WIC but says she has no place to pump at work. That means she isn't pumping or feeding for 10+ hours. She sleeps with him and nurses all night. She breastfed their 3.5 year old for 2.5 years but she didn't go back to...
Homemade formula is not safe. If you decide to wean it would be best to pump until she turns one. I had a child that would bite but it wasn't that big of a deal to me. I have a high tolerance for pain. I know what you mean about having to stick your finger in to pry open their mouth. I found massaging his jaw by his ears and warm compresses there even while nursing would help. I would watch for him to start to bite and be ready to stick my finger in to protect myself. He...
I think of parenting as a bag of skills and you use what may work for the situation. What he is doing could be devistating for your relationship. If he won't look at you then use the parenting skill, change the situation. Don't look at him. Hold him so his face is the other way. Don't reject him but don't try to get eye contact with him. Don't let him hurt you. Put him in the car seat and you can't see him.   When you get home try to reconnect with him. Play some...
I know how difficult this is for you and your baby. My grandson has eczema problems. So do I. Anything touching eczema at night drives me crazy and getting overheated makes things worse. We have to keep my grandson in only a diaper and keep him cool. When he was that age for naps I would hold him on my chest on the reclining chair under the ceiling fan and hold his arms so he wouldn't scratch. He would be in just a diaper. I think swaddling could drive a baby that old...
I don't think another mother can tell you that. You may be able to go to a lab and have the blood drawn instead of the hospital. This may not be a possibility because light destroys bilirubin in blood samples and the blood needs to be processed soon after the sample is drawn.
You don't have to pump at work for 4 months. You may not have to pump at all. If your baby is nursing several times at night she may be able to go without milk while you are away. If she can't now she should be able to by 10 months. My daughter in law was working at 10 months and never pumped. I would feed my grandson solids while she was gone and he breastfeed while he was with her. It's called reverse cycle feeding. When your baby gets to be 12 months you don't have to...
It sounds like your baby may have tactile issues. It isn't normal for a baby to not want to be held or to not want to be nursed. Some other clues are his nursing behavior, refusing bottles, that he wants his own sleeping space and that he is not gaining weight and is on his way to failure to thrive. I had a baby with tactile issues (they have other names for it now) 24 years ago. I have some tactile issues myself so I can understand. Your baby may feel holding and...
I was brestfeeding a 2.5 year old when I got pregnant. My supply dropped around 6 months and he had his first asthma attack and it was very bad. He was in the ICU at a major childrens hospital and nursed enough that I had a lot of milk again. They thought he would have to stay 3 weeks and we went home in less than a week. He continued to nurse along with his baby brother and weaned on his 6th birthday. His allergies and asthma were so bad he needed to breastfeed. Both of...
Babies are born knowing how to breastfeed. Breastfeeding isn't a learned skill. If you don't do anything to mess it up you have an excellent chance of breastfeeding with no significant difficulties.