or Connect

Posts by foreverinbluejeans

My dil went back to work when my grandson was 10 months and never pumped. He ate solids when he was with me and nursed when he was with her. He nursed "all night" but it wasn't a problem for her. He nursed until he was 2.5. This is called reverse cycle feeding. 
My son was 3.5 when his brother was born. He had health problems including asthma, allergies, and frequent infections so I encouraged him to continue nursing. The allergist suggested 6 was a good time to wean and that gave me permission. We had a planned weaning date of his 6th birthday and his birthday became a combined birthday and weaning celebration. It went very well I view it as a possible successful way of weaning an older child. If the planned date isn't a...
Hormones in breastmilk wouldn't cause a rash. According to a policy statement by the AAP there isn't enough evidence to say that foods that a breastfeeding mother eats causes rashes. LLL gets around the AAP statement by saying something like "traditionally doctors recommend eliminating certain foods" or "many doctors recommend eliminating ...". You could be limiting your diet for nothing.    If a child has a lot of allergies the doctors that believe that milk makes a...
It is difficult to estimate how much a child gets when they breastfeed. Even weighing a toddler before and after feeds isn't an accurate way of telling how much they ingest. It seems like it would be. My son has a genetic disorder that involves FTT. He was hospitalized at around 12 months when he was breastfeeding. They would weigh him before and after feeds but explained to me that it wasn't accurate.    If you are nursing every 2 hours it would seem to me that he...
I recently moved to a new city and there is a large breastfeeding group lead by a LC. She is a NICU nurse, only recently became a LC, and doesn't have children. The group is on Meetup (popular in my city), Facebook, and other media. The name of the group makes it sound like it is support group formed by mothers but if you read the small print it is a group "owned" by the LC. She sends out emails and facebook messages to hundreds of women. She has meetings about once a...
Even tasting at 4 months will affect the digestive system. If the baby's digestive system is irritated by food then the baby may breastfeed more because she thinks she is hungry. Babies can't tell the difference between an upset digestive system and hunger.  Some babies will even breastfeed to the point that they become large (people don't like saying breastfed babies are overweight or obese). For decades we thought 4 months was a good age for starting solids but a...
Here is a link to a good article called Liquid Gold   http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/05/ff_milk/all/1   I read the California breastfeeding laws and I didn't see anything that said it was against the law for an individual to sell her milk. I could be wrong or I may not have found the most recent laws. My laptop isn't functioning well. What is says is that milk bank and hospital employees aren't selling milk by doing their job. You can find California laws by...
Of course breastmilk is a body fluid but it doesn't require special precautions according to CDC. If the CDC were to issue warnings about breastmilk being a hazardous body fluid it would be easier to make laws prohibiting selling or sharing breastmilk.    "CDC does not list human breast milk as a body fluid for which most healthcare personnel should use special handling precautions. Occupational exposure to human breast milk has not been shown to lead to transmission...
Share Email Earn   FacebookTwitterGoogle+Lockerz GrabDeliciousDiggGoogle BookmarksMySpaceStumbleUponRedditMessengerVodpodYahoo BookmarksBeboMister-WongWordPressGoogle ReaderOrkutXINGEvernoteNetvibes ShareStrandsPosterousBusiness ExchangeArtoTipdSmakNewsPlurkAIMYahoo MessengerIdenti.caMozillacaBlogger PostTypePad PostBox.netPinterestNetlogTechnorati...
Sometimes you can make changes so you don't have to work. When I had my oldest child I made twice as much as my husband and planned to go back to work. My baby did not do well with me leaving ti work even part time. We sold both of our cars, bought a $300 car and moved into a mobile home. I did baby sitting when I had to. If you don't want to work you may be able to find alternatives.