or Connect

Posts by foreverinbluejeans

The most import person right now is the growing fetus. You have to make sure your baby gets enough to eat even if you can't make enough milk. Sometimes things happen and life can't be perfect. Pumping or taking herbs may be hazardous to the fetus and you can't be sure it would increase your supply anyway. I don't think there is a safe way to increase supply. Your baby is so young that the baby's nursing will keep the supply up is you are one of the lucky people that can...
What is most important is what is best for your baby not what is easier for the care provider.   It's best for young babies to be fed small amounts (less than 4 oz) frequently even if they would take more. Babies can overeat and that can lead to problems including reflux. The baby may need to eat every 2-3 hours. You usually want to limit the amount a baby eats to around an ounce an hour you are away. Working 14 hours is a long time. It may be better in the first...
Historically breastfeeding statistics have come from Ross Laboratories, one of the companies that makes formula. This would seem strange that we would believe a formula company but this is one thing they seemed to do right. They kept data on large numbers of women. The CDC and other government agencies have been keeping some data on initiation and breastfeeding at time of discharge from the hospital. This information can be obtained from records without contacting...
There is a difference between having a sucking need and a need for oral stimulation. He could have both. However, it is more common for breastfed toddlers that love nursing to have oral aversions to the point that they don't like spoons or food in their mouths. Nursing isn't stimulating.   I'm sorry you are experiencing depression and anxiety. Since I don't know your situation I don't know why you feel restricted breastfeeding will improve your mood disorders....
It's ok to say no to a 4 year old and they don't have to have an explaination. By the time my kids were 4 they knew that there were some things I would give explainations for but that there were also times I would say no and they would be expected to go along with the flow. If they have been nursing that long being told no in some situations shouldn't cause them any harm.
Did he wean at 13 months? You say you think pediasure is related to his never being able to wean. What do you mean by that?   Since you don't mention him having health issues it may be better for him if you focused on getting him on a healthy diet. If he is refusing to eat foods he may have some tactile issues that can be treated. He should be eating a wide variety of foods. A 4 year old child shouldn't be relying on Pediasure and multivitamins to survive.
When a child is 5 or 6 CLW is just one way of weaning. If you are talking about a toddler CLW may be best but with an older child other ways may work just as well. With one of my sons we had a set weaning day and had a weaning party. I think it was the best weaning of my 3 sons, the other 2 were CLW. The youngest was before I was ready and a surprise since he was less than 3. I spent 10 years breastfeeding, 3 tandem so I know what you mean by it seeming like having been...
Anything with cow's milk in it can cause constipation.
I don't think they make pacifiers that would fit right in the mouth of a child that old. WWID? I would nurse more.
I don't think being with your nursling is martydom. It's a short period of time in your life that can be enjoyed so much that you don't even want to go away all night without your nursling. Women are misled to believe that they need or deserve time away from their nursling. Mothers can be happy and take care of themselves without leaving their nursling for more than a few hours. The idea that there is a need for some kind of balance away from nurslings is a...