or Connect

Posts by foreverinbluejeans

Babies have a strong need to suck and a strong survival drive. When you feed bottles you are allowing your baby to meet those needs at the bottle. If you were to eliminate bottles and pacifiers you may be able to get your baby back to breastfeeding well. Of course your baby needs your milk until he is nursing well. You could give it to him other ways. A cup would be easiest and if he isn't taking one he is old enough to learn.   It's normal for babies to breastfeed...
Goat's milk is not recommended and there have been problems in Europe where feeding babies less than a year old was a more common practice than in the US. Of course formula is the only alternative to human milk in the US and now in Europe. Goat's milk is for baby goats and has not been modified to be similar to human milk. It could cause damage that you don't realize is from goat's milk or may not show up for years.   I breastfed through a pregnancy and always had...
Since your baby is over 12 months you don't need to leave milk for while you are gone. That elilminates the problem. Your baby can eat solids and drink water while you are away and breastfeed when you are together. Your body will adjust. Of course a 12 month old can be weaned and not have any human milk at all. It will be easier for you and your baby will still have his needs met if you don't try and pump and leave milk.   If a child were to be weaned at 12 months...
I know exactly what you mean by weaned children seeking comfort near their mothers breasts. I had 3 sons that nursed a long time. For me as they got older they became more separated and independent. I didn't really need to do anything change their behavior. My youngest was comfortable with snuggling and seeking physical comfor the longest. He had the least contact with people outside our family and didn't feel the social pressure that boys shouldn't be doing...
Mum2sara, it's normal for a mother to very sad if her breastfeeding relationship ends before she is ready. Women that haven't been through it can't really understand. I'm sorry you and your daughter had such a difficult weaning.    Women get support for having "me" time and leaving their baby. It seems like everyone tells them either they deserve the time away, don't worry your child will nurse when you get back, or if they wean they were ready to wean anyway. I have...
The only opinion that I have seen expressed is that every baby is a blessing. I think that other views should be supported. In my case I could have had a pregnancy terminated for medical reasons. Saying that pregnancy was the worst thing in my life is an objective evaluation. All three of my sons agree. Pregnancy can cause life-long illness, make illness worse, or cause physical disability.   My situation is complex. I got an infection that triggered a rare,...
Cows milk and watered down juice taste bad. If her weight isn't an issue then you may want to try some different full strength juices to see if she likes them. The main problem with juices is the obesity epidemic. Some people are concerned about the number of grams of sugar per serving. You might try different temperature water. My grandson likes refrigerator or ice temp but not room temp.
My grandson was 3 before he started talking and he is almost 3.5 and talking in short sentences. My 3 sons talked at a wide range of ages. It can be frustrating for the kids that talk late. I'm surprised you need words at all. My boys would crawl on my lap or pull my shirt ect.
I hear what you say about wanting reduction surgery but it sounds like it may only have limited effectiveness since the damage has already been done to your spine. There are many causes of migraines and we often don't know what causes them. You could wean, have surgery and still have migraines and pain.   It probably seems like he is always nursing since you are a working mom and have two other kids. He is just always nursing when you have a chance to sit down. You...
Why wouldn't it be safe?