or Connect

Posts by foreverinbluejeans

If your baby is getting bottles, the gut isn't going to be pristine. To get all the benefits of breastfeeding it has to be done exclusively - even bottles of expressed milk are not the same.
Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with breastfeeding. There are LOTS of things that can cause rashes.
I found a couple of good websites: www.awareparenting.com/timeout.htm www.parentingbookmark.com/pages/AB07.htm
You describe your child as wild and wonderful. How can you think that your child will turn into a monster? If wild is wonderful then you probably don't have much to worry about. I am not as harsh with the mom at the shower. You did not say anything was broken or even that the shower itself was disrupted. Camping stuff can be put back away. She did try to keep him with her. Is it the job of a 6 year old to figure out what you think is rude and disrespectful and then meet...
Sure you can take all the books off the shelves and super toddler-proof your home, or at least a couple of rooms. If you have no other option, you can rent a storage building and box things up and move them out. Replace furnature with sharp edges or glass. I've seen kids get very bad cuts from things that should have been moved and required stiches and left life-long scars. Some experts think that American kids have way too many toys and 10 toys are probably enough....
It sounds like you need a break! Being a mom is probably the hardest thing you will ever do. Your toddler is not old enough to understand explainations or mini-lectures. Try to simplify your life as much as possible and avoid problems. Lighten up. Expect food on the floor and be happy if messes don't happen. The cat will learn to hide when things are being thrown. You are setting the emotional tone and if you are frustrated and crying you can expect your child to be...
You have been teaching them how to interact by what you say and do and what you don't say and do. It's been a long time since I read the book but I remember it being for older children. You can expect to see a big difference in your youngest's language skills between age 3 and 4. Communication can be really frustrating for a 2 year old. One thing that worked well with my youngest who was language delayed was everyone learning a few signs. Signs can also be used in public...
I found a pretty good list of 22 Discipline Ideas written by a father for fathers. www.parentingbookmark.com/pages/AB07.htm
I think part of the reason moms do this is because they don't get enough conversation. When we worked or went to school we had a variety of people to talk to.
A family practice doctor or CNM can do yearly exams and prescribe birth control pills. There is no reason you have to go to an OB/GYN. Not taking medications for bipolar disorder is dangerous for you and your child. There are medications that are not contraindicated for breastfeeding mothers. There are now many medications that psychiatrists can choose from. The risk of having a bipolar mother far outweighs any possible risk of trace medication in breastmilk. All...