or Connect

Posts by Coco17

Have you ever tried green smoothies with your daughter? My kids and I start our mornings with it every day. It is just a smoothie packed with fruit, water and greens. Every day you choose a different green to add to your smoothie, such as spinach, kale, romaine lettuce and swiss chard. It is a nutrient powerhouse. The fruit provides you with tonnes of vitamins and fiber and the greens give you minerals. The resulting color of the smoothie is green, but I am sure if you...
Hey ceeveg. I hope that your recovery is going well. I also had abdominal surgery about eight months ago. I focused on food that was easily digested and nutrient dense. I would usually start my mornings with a green smoothie (fruit, water and a choice of greens - spinach, chard, romaine lettuce, kale, beet greens, etc.) Later I would have another smoothie packed with fruit, rice milk, hemp seeds, dates and frozen berries. Yummy!!! Lunch was usually a simple bean/veggie...
My favorites so far are:   Clean Food - Terry Walters Get It Ripe - Jae Steele Ripe From Around Here - Jae Steele 30 Minute Vegan - Mark Reinfeld   Most of them are quick and easy to make and they focus on whole foods in general.
Shea butter is so nourishing for the body. You might want to supplement with other natural oil such as coconut oil. We use coconut oil for our skincare and it is especially good for dry, cracked feet. A good jar of coconut oil from a natural food store is about $15-20 for about 500 mL. Good luck...
I agree with the other comments. Vitamix is the best choice, even though it is a bit pricier. But it is well worth it and because it is such high quality, it will last for years. I have had mine for over four years and I have never had a problem with it. We use it every day. This is one blender I could not live without!!!
Thank you for your honest replies. I can relate to the availability (or rather unavailability) of some good, whole foods. I often wonder too why our grocery aisles are packed with so many foods that deteriorate our health and shorten our life spans, but the organic and natural food sections are almost nonexistent. Unfortunately, we live in a world that is driven by the mighty dollar. And it is very challenging for us parents that want to give our kids the best chance we...
I am the happy mother of twin, seven year old daughters. I have been trying to feed them a healthy, nutritious diet. But sometimes this can be a challenge. I am currently working on an ebook trying to address the obstacles that may hinder well-intentioned parents from feeding their children a healthy diet. I would love your input on the challenges and frustrations you face each day with your children. Any comments or ideas you can provide would be so appreciated. Have a...
I am the happy mother of twin, seven year old daughters. I have been trying to feed them a healthy, nutritious diet. But sometimes this can be a challenge. I am currently working on an ebook trying to address the obstacles that may hinder well-intentioned parents from feeding their children a healthy diet. I would love your input on the challenges and frustrations you face each day with your children. Any comments or ideas you can provide would be so appreciated. Have a...
What a great thread. I loved your title of "sucky vegan". You have nothing to worry about. We are all human and are prone to temptations. PETA might see it otherwise, but who cares? This is your life and you are allowed the occasional "slip-up" (if you want to call it that). I have been vegan for a few years now (after being vegetarian for a few years too) and I just spent a month in Costa Rica where I was tempted by some of the delicious milk-based desserts, especialy...
Hi SandyBeachBums. Adding more sea veggies to your diet is easier than you think. Our family eats nori, dulse, arame, wakame and kombu. I am sure various macrobiotics and Japanese cookbooks would have recipe ideas for you. My favorite cookbook so far (for various reasons) is the vegan cookbook called Clean Food by Terry Walters. She incorporates seaweed into alot of her recipes and the results are delicious. I highly recommend this book. Her recipes are simple to...