or Connect

Posts by bonjourmama

I need basics. Things I can wear everyday. Maybe in different colors. Right now I am getting rid of too much stuff that I can only wear once in a while.    I am eliminating ALL clothes from my closet that don't fit anymore. What do you do with maternity clothes? How do you store yours without being in a space consuming card board box?   Also, I like things like tunics, flowy pants, and skirts. But I need basic ones. Where do I buy such things? I don't like the...
Hahahaha! Great question Crunchy mommy! Actually it is hilarious because I have boxes of gorgeous clothes and shoes that don't fit me anymore and I am wondering if my feet will shrink or clothes will ever fit again!  
wow insidevoice, thank you for your response. That really touched bases with me. It is my obligation, and I must take ownership for that. Thanks for the clarity!     That is me. I get cranky with my 8 mth old , my pet, my husband, myself. And I think I just need to stop wishing my DH would help, like many of you pointed out, and use that energy to get stuff done. Thank you all for your thoughtful responses, so much of what you have mentioned and suggested I am taking to...
Thank you everyone for the support! Just an update, she is mostly ff but still nurses when she wakes and before bed. She actually seems to enjoy the nursing now, and it is proving to be a nice relaxing time for us both. She is still night waking a ton, so I think we need to switch formulas again, but at least I feel confident that she is full and happy.  I would also like to note that my depression and anxiety has gotten so much better. Like night and day. I sort of...
This is ridiculous! This thread was started for mothers who wanted to bounce info off one another about nuclear fallout on the WEST coast. This thread is in fact titled "West Coast, Iodine and fallout info" Any of you that came here to complain or chastise us, please start your own self aggrandizing thread about how often you pray, donate money, show concern, whatever YOU do that is so much more valid and important and worthy then our concern. Normally I am a meek voice...
Not ours! I brined my own! I was mostly worried about the pepper and beer it was marinating in.
This is funny, because I let my DD try our corned beef last night. Just a bit or two.  We were really unsure about when to introduce meat.   Probably not the best to start with a seasoned meat! But she LOVED it! It was the soft consistency of pulled pork. And it was fun! I guess she get's meat now? Nice to see others suggestions.
what about a basic lentil soup? Lentils, stock, onions, carrot, spinach, you know...the works :-) Sure to please!
we made corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot with a yummy stout broth. It was yummy too! Cheers everyone! Hope you enjoyed the day!
Thanks for all of the perspective. The thing is I need the house to be clean. It drives me insane to have a crying baby and a messy kitchen, clothes piled on the couch, diapers hang drying everywhere, cups of cold coffee everywhere, etc. Honestly, I know I have to start taking more responsibility for my own messy actions, but it is so hard to do. I am exhausted by evening. After baby goes to sleep, I literally just want to have a night cap and melt into the couch. (But...