or Connect

Posts by genniemom

Sorry for responding to this old thread. I just had an idea that worked for me. I made a book that had all of the parts of the service in order. My son can then follow along with the words and pictures telling him what's coming next. I got the idea from the training kit my mom bought for my sister, who has cerebral palsy. I found it super helpful.
I was going to suggest Mama Natural's post about how she weaned her son, but you are already doing something very similar. Thank you for posting this. Sometimes it feels like nobody actual nurses that long, but on the internet it doesn't feel so weird. I am currently tandem nursing my 2yo and 5mo sons. My almost 5yo is weaned. I had a very hard time when he weaned. I was ready to be done, but I also really mourned our special connection. Sometimes I wish we were still...
I second that it doesn't sound harmful to me. Babies with colic cry nonstop and the advice given is to just be there with them. If it helps, this is how I get my almost 2yo to sleep: I lie down in bed with him in our locked room and nurse him. The room is dark and has a fan on and is babyproofed. If he is being wild, I just let him do what he wants. Usually, he looks out the window a few times, tries to get out of the door a few times, and eventually gives up and lies...
This is an interesting question. I was raised AP but conservatively religious. We slept with our parent(s) as babies and were weaned and moved out when the next pregnancy came. My younger sister was the last child before my parents divorced and stayed in my Mom's bed longer than she wanted to. She felt guilty about expressing her desire to leave. I think my mom was ready for her to be in her own bed, too. She was just waiting for her to ask. Lol. Eventually (I think at...
What is the name of the book? I was thinking about jumping in with my almost 2 yo DS.
I love this thread. Rather than listing all of my many non AP practices, I would like to admit that I put on a façade when I'm around other AP parents. I pack special organic snacks instead of the junk my kids usually eat. I make sure to bring my secondhand American-made cloth diapers instead of the Chinese sweatshop ones that comprise most of my supply. I wear my baby during the whole outing instead of handing him off or setting him down. I yell way less than usual and...
Hi everyone! I feel a little weird joining this group when I *only* have three children, but I also feel like this is where I belong. My mother is the second of 16 children. I have four sisters, and my older sister and I commune together with my mother and all of the kids every day. That's my mom, my youngest sister (she is 11 and has cerebral palsy. I take care of her part time), my older sister with her seven kids, and my family eating together every day. My sister...
Hello there. I am not in the immediate area. I live up north in Superior, about 5 hours away. I just wanted to add a welcome and I hope you find some people a little bit closer. Wi is a great place to live. There are very few regulations for homeschooling and most areas have a variety of birthing options. We just got a new birth center up in Duluth, which is our nearest big city. Feel free to post threads on here if you want to chat a little bit local. Maybe we can liven...
Could anyone help me figure out the best way to use hops? I am unsure whether to take it in tea or as a tincure, and really have no idea how to make either.
That's my nickname!