or Connect

Posts by genniemom

Lol. I posted an intro before realizing this thread existed. Sorry about that! Name: Geneva EDD: (estimated due date) January 25th #Pregnancy/baby: Sixth pregnancy, third baby Your age/age at the birth: 26 Family: Husband Rob and two sons: Brody (almost 4) and Rhett (1) How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) We were not trying, not preventing. After our losses, we both felt...
Hi everyone! I'm Geneva. I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my third child. This is my sixth pregnancy. I am still breastfeeding my one-year-old and planning on tandem nursing. I'm planning my second homebirth and so excited to welcome a new baby. I'm not finding out the gender even though I have two boys. My stepMIL is pretty irritated with that! I'm married, a SAHM, and an active supporter of my local birthing and breastfeeding organizations. I'm looking forward to making...
Hi Andrea, I don't know you but I just wanted to offer some words of encouragement. I think that looking at risk factors and percentages is not usual for most women, so it can be difficult to understand and put in perspctive.It aways helps me to remember that everything has risks. The risk of a third c/s is able to be broken down into percentages as well. Here is a link to an article about the risks to repeat c/s....
Hello there!   I live in the Duluth, MN area. I don't know of any Latin masses, but our priest over in Superior, WI (five minutes from Duluth) is very well-liked, energetic and passionate. I will be sending my kids to Cathedral school when they are old enough, but I have a very large family and several of my relatives homeschool. There are local groups who meet at the Barnes and Noble in Duluth (and probably other places) to have playdates and organizational...
If she is willing to travel a bit, there are several midwives in Duluth, MN (about two hours drive) who sometimes serve clients that far away (extra fees for travel.) I had Jana Studelska, CPM, who is a blogger here at mothering and she is awesome. I hope she finds someone!
Hi everyone. I just started EC with my 9 month old baby. I also have a 3 1/2 yo son who is not potty-trained. I had allowed my husband to have full control over training our older son, because I've taken part in potty-training with other children before and hated it so much. My husband began an elaborate reward system (essentially bribing) not too long after we had our second son. I'm sure it's pretty obvious that it hasn't been going well. My son really doesn't want to...
I know it's extremely rare, but I'm wondering about an u/s tech not seeing a twin on an ultrasound. I'm planning my first homebirth, and I'm 15 weeks pregnant. I know without a doubt when I ovulated because I got pregnant directly after a miscarriage (no period in between) and my hcg levels were tested after the miscarriage to make sure they were down to less than two, and then less than two weeks later they were tested to confirm pregnancy and see if it was viable. The...
I hope no one takes this as a scare story. When DS was between 7 and 8 weeks old, I tried to step over a baby gate, and my leg got caught. I tripped and landed hard right on top of him. He didn't cry at first and I was too scared to look at him because I didn't want to see my first child dead. My sister examined him, and he started crying, but it was weak and scary. We buckled him into his carseat and had him at the ER in less than ten minutes. By the time we were in the...