or Connect

Posts by moonmamajess

In my herbal studies and personal experience I have been finding that instead of going for strong "drug-like" herbs to "fix" your hormones, it is much more effective to work on you gastrointestinal tract and liver first, which really help to nourish your endocrine system. Using gentle food-like herbs can really help you nourish all of these areas at once.    A beautifully nutritive tea blend that is essentially food would be -dandelion root - 1 part- a great liver...
  Hey Janarae!   I definitely don't have all of the answers, but a few things jumped out at me when reading your post. First off, I do not think that GSE (Grapefruitseed Extract) is healthy to take internally at all, or externally for that matter, I know lots have differing opinions on this, but that is my humble opinion. Also Michigan Herbalist jim mcdonald has a great article on it here:   http://www.herbcraft.org/gse.html   I'm sure its possible to have...
Violet syrup (Susun Weed has a great recipe in Healing Wise), a violet and amethyst sun infused elixir, add the blossoms and leaves to your salad?   Happy Harvesting!
Hey Mamas! I am so happy to have stumbled upon this thread today! Read through it all and am feeling fairly confident that I could make it to a few festies this summer w my 7 mo Ryder. I am almost certain about Telluride Bluegrass which I am currently tryin to manifest, and bought tickets for an herbal festival in the Cascadia Wildlands because I am studying to be an herbalist. I also was thinking about goin to Rainbow Gathering because I will need to be in the PNW...
     Beautifully written Sunny!  
  (The bolded part)I know what you mean!   The naps are the hardest part for me and my LO. There is just somethin that he hates about going and staying down for a nap! Ever since he was 2 mos old he has resisted naps. He'll fall asleep but as soon as I put him down...the eyes open and the fuss begins! I'm lucky to get one good one hour nap somedays and he's only 6 mos old! I see/hear moms all the time like "Oh their a little over a year and Oh No! I think they're ready...
Ok so obviously I was confusedlol. Was very curious as to why and WHERE that could be growing in Canada. However, if they are growing them in greenhouses? I would think that the vibes would be MUCH different. Moving on...   It is my solid plan to make my own flower essences this spring/summer! I think I asked about it earlier up thread, but didn't get any bites! It seems like such a simple, yet exhilerating thing to do on a sunny early afternoon! I too have a bottle...
Yes, I'm sure it goes way back before Paracelsus. Anyway no matter who thought of it, the theory is blowing my mind right now after just coming upon it myself. I'm turning into a total Matthew Wood groupie! lol I've been wanting to take a class from him, even before I read this book, for quite some time as he lives in my state...I will get to see him at Rootstalk in September tho! But anyway enough off topic...   Last week I had been truckin along taking one FE  a day...
NAK...   I agree that those variables you mentioned, PB, would have ahuge effect on the vibrations of the flowers. I also feel that the location and environment can greatly affect the vibes of the flowers: rocky hot desert, or open prairie? Wild-harvested or cultivated?  Tequila or Brandy ? lol The environment has a lot to do with the appearance of a flower and if you subscribe to Matthew Wood's "Doctrine of Signatures" theory that plants very often resemble the...
Singin_angel- i say go with your intuition...I dunno if you looked at pictures up close of them but that helped me. Come on in, the flower infused water's just fine!   _ktg_- I know what you're sayin about intuition and energy. I feel as though the intuition exercises I've been doin w/ the FEs in the morning have been helping me get in tune w/ my intuition for the day. I had a really fun intuitive field trip to the library w/o the baby and I honestly had a spiritual...