or Connect

Posts by Fulhouse

This is a serious disorder. There is a yahoo group about it called I think sound sensitivity - with lots of great info. So far it seems very un curable. My son is 10 and has it. It is hell for him when he is affected so we never make him eat with us, except at restaurants where it doesn't bother him as long as he has food at the same time we eat. He is bothered far more by my chewing or tapping (on my ipad) than others, probably because he is closest to me. The most...
My oldest had the worst back acne my dermatologist had ever seen. I never saw it; he didn't show mom. His face was pretty bad too. He tried a few things but nothing helped. My son wanted to try accutane but it came with a lot of contracts both kid and parent had to agree with. He wanted it so badly that I decided to do it. He had to sign that if he noticed any mental or depressive side effects, that he would report these to me and we'd talk to the doctor about it. ...
I think the other responders have given you plenty of inspiration to continue homeschooling, and you are very motivated. So my response is just really to report that even kids who are "more" or "less" something than other kids sometimes do better in structured settings. I wasn't expecting that, this year, when I put my 3rd homeschooled child into a public school, especially since he suffers from social anxieties. To my relief and surprise, he is thriving. I carefully...
Just my personal perspective from having babies for the past 20 years (4 total): 20 years ago we bought a lie down car bassinet. It locked in like a carseat and had a 5 point harness for the baby but it reclined all the way and the baby was lying down head to toe sideways on the seat. He was in that til he outgrew it and then he was a toddler facing forward like all carseats. Then 5 years later came my next child and it was super hard to find that lie down carseat, it...
I believe it is absolutely wrong to take a baby away from his caregiving parent(s ) even overnight for the first 3 years. Exception: emergency, birth of baby. Also, if gramma or nanny watches baby all day, an overnight with them wouldn't be so bad. But one should avoid time apart for all but essential things. Weddings, parties, not essential. And a baby never needs to travel with relatives. Ridiculous. Sorry but I believe attachment parenting makes for better, more...
This is the first baby I've worn, and we are loving it. She outgrew the Maya at 12 w, and has been in a gorgeous baby hawk ever since. She is 6 mos and about 16 lbs now. It's comfy and perfect except for one thing. To take her out is easy, but to put her back in means I have to untie the knot, which sometimes takes a few minutes, each time, the adjusting it and retying it. Every time we are in and out of the car, etc, I am doing this. You can't leave it tied unless...
I have 4 kids but if I couldn't catch a break like you I'd feel exactly the same. Still, huge hugs. This too shall pass. You are a good mama. You just need sleep. Is there any chance little guy is desperately afraid to be put down and left alone? I cannot put my noteven 4 month old down. I never had a baby like that before. So I started "wearing" her. I sleep with her. She really knows that she won't be put down (much) so she now naps during the day on me. Yeah my...
I used a denim / cotton hip hammock (not by playtex, by the original maker), which dried easily and I could wear it again and again the whole trip.  She is Nancie Swank on Etsy but for some reason Etsy isn't coming up for me.  Great hip carrier for babies over 15 lbs.  The cotton or nylon would be great for the water.
My baby sleeps on her side and tummy.  I am not very concerned since she is #4 and the others preferred it too.  The only case of SIDS I know happened to a baby who was sleeping at his day care's home in his stroller, on his back, slightly reclined.
I am new to cloth diapers and cloth wipes, and I feel sorry for my other 3 kids who had to use chemical paper wipes!  The cloth ones are so soft. I keep them in a warmer and pour diluted LuSa organics wipe solution over them, and it's so nice for her.  Soft, warm, moist, and I use as many wipes per poopies as I wish, because it doesn't matter how many will be in the laundry load.  Every wipe is sparkling clean after the wash.  It's easy and so nice for baby.