or Connect

Posts by Delicate

Mama or mommy, split pretty evenly. I like them both!
Really. It's not about the books or the level. It's about respect.  
Thanks for the responses. All have much to be considered :) I have since talked to ODD. The friend problem resolved itself really - she wants nothing to do with the girl now and while they'll have to see each other for swim, I doubt there is a chance of a friendship again. She has many other friends and this one has been fading and pushing her buttons for quite some time.   Thanks especially meemee. I think you make a great point - it's not always about "you," and...
No way.   I don't care if it's at their "level." THEY are obviously getting something from it, and I value what my kids value and I respect them and their interests, even if I don't personally understand it. I think it's horribly disrespectful to another person to tell them that they can't read something they want to because it's "not hard enough" for them. Reading should be for joy, not for prestige of the "level" of it. I don't want to ruin that for them. No one...
So glad I found this thread :) I'm a young(ish) SMBC. I have two amazing daughters, ages 7 and 5, who've been AP'd from the start and grown and are always growing into amazing young people. I'm the luckiest mama in the world to have given life to my best friends! I'm at a happy medium in life, I'm a WAHM and love my job, but I get to be with my kids 99% of the time! My girls have been unschooled their entire lives, we do pretty much everything together. We love travel,...
Not that F word. The other F word. The one we women use and abuse and hate. Let's talk about FAT. Especially as it relates to young girls.   My ODD (7) has a few friends on her swim team of various ages. One is 8 or 9. My DD has had problems with her before, she's just... a user, really. Her parents are users and she's a user. But alas, I'm not going to choose my kids' friends, and I put up with it. Today the friend didn't like something DD said, I don't know...
That's ridiculous. Hair doesn't "learn" to be straight. Straight versus curly versus wavy is a gene. Some children will have curly hair and it'll naturally straighten out, but cutting it off or shaving it doesn't do that any more than cutting or shaving it off makes black hair grow back in as blonde.
I don't have boys, just girls, but I don't know why they wouldn't wear pink outside the home! Men look great in pink, especially those with darker features.   Anyway, I too have the opposite problem. Especially when my ODD was a baby/young toddler, I had difficulty finding things that weren't pink and/or really girly. I tried to be very neutral in their younger years and I actually often ended up buying ODD a lot of basic boys' clothes that could pass as neutral,...
Quote: I totally agree with this! If it's about the cookie, have another cookie, by all means. If it's about truly wanting a new puzzle, have the puzzle. If it's about replacing something else or "medicating" because attention or affection is lacking, or because there's some insecurity, THAT will spoil a child. If a parent continually takes the "want" at face value and doesn't look at whether it really is just a want, or whether it's something more, and if it's the...
My daughters (7DD nursed until 6, 5DD is still nursing) don't go to school, but when we're among friends, it's not come up. As they've gotten older I just have told them that it's something private, like changing clothes or using a bathroom, and that it doesn't need to be discussed. We live in kind of an uptight snooty area with very polarized attitudes toward BFing in general, so I don't want them to say something around the wrong crowd and have the social consequences...