or Connect

Posts by mole

Hyde- I have a nice nursing under wire bra. It's by Cake Lingerie and it is sexy. I wear a ridiculous size in it (36F) and was fitted at a store- never could have guessed that on my own. Strongly recommend getting fitted for your sexy bra since the feeding breasts are so changeable.   Crystal- I pretty much only make milk from one breast and have from the beginning. When I pump, I get five times as much from the "good" breast and when S eats he will only spend max 5...
Crystal- the way I got happy with nursing clothes was by spending a lot of money. My favorite is this:http://shop.boobdesign.com/en/product/427/b-warmer-nursing-top#filter-2. I wear it all the time, and it's made my life better, so it's worth the money to me, but wow is it expensive. I wear a nursing tank underneath.   Jend- I still love wearing my baby around, and I do use all our carriers quite a bit, but I do think it's an unrealistically hyped up activity. It's...
Good luck Amy. I hope your baby's mystery is solved immediately. Wishing health for you all.
I am here! There is so little activity here now, and I'm not going to move to facebook. I just bought some breastfeeding clothes, and I love them. My jaw is less stressed now that I dont have to use my chin to hold my shirt up all the time. S has had a stomach ache the past couple days, super needy and wanting constant motion. I even have to nurse him walking sometimes now, sitting down makes him cry. I'm exhausted. I tried to start excersizing, and I just can't manage....
Anya- it's beautiful and Nico looks really content in it!  
@Miranda- when S is acting like you described "constant boob touching plus popping on and off plus crying for the boob so hard that he wouldn't accept it and start sucking." I've learned that it's because he isn't actually hungry! He keeps trying for the breast because it is there, but if I give him to my sweetheart when he acts like that, so that S is away from the tantalizing milk, he then settles down and gets happy again. 
We use a Halo swaddle for night time (and often for naps out walking in the stroller), and if it is in the wash, a blanket. S sleeps so much better with it. Last night after one feeding/changing, S was having hard time staying asleep again, his arms kept thrashing around, so I tucked his arms tight into his blanket and instant sleep. S sleeps in a sidecarred crib, I am not comfortable bed sharing. We asked the physical therapist this week if swaddling at night + some...
@Madi- we use tights for pants all the time. @Jend- I just googled for "legs out moby newborn" and the first hit shows how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ekpqs0b6KA   My peanut hates being in any of our carriers unless we are moving. With the ring sling I'm only comfortable with the upright position and we've tried legs in and legs out. With legs out it seems like the bottom rail is really too tight against his legs. With the stretchy wrap I've only tried legs in,...
the country i am in recommends 400IU from 4 weeks. i couldnt find any vegan d drops in that dosage but i found a spray. started spraying S yesterday. not too difficult.
So many hearts and thank yous to everyone who cheared for me when I was worried about S not gaining enough weight. We went for a meeting with the nurse who is actually assigned to us and S gained 240 g in four days! So he is doing perfectly. Our assgned nurse just kept saying how great his weight gain is and we should do exactly like we are doing. No mention of formula! She said that because he gets so frustrated waiting for my letdown, I can if I want to pump five...