or Connect

Posts by mole

I was having awful tailbone pain and have been seeing a chiropracter for a month. She diagnosed that for me, the tailbone pain was directly related to my hips being inflexible (a long time established condition for me; I work on hip openers a LOT in my yoga practice because it is such a restriction in my body.) She worked on doing some cracking stuff in my lower back and instructed me to rub hard down my outer thighs and practice more hip opener excercizes, so I have...
A friend who is vegan, eats primarily whole foods, very good diet, was plagued with constipation during her pregnancy, too. What worked for her was psyllium husks. She would mix them up in water and drink the slurry. 
I am also in the US-only-if-medically-necessary camp, and also only had one early (at 12 dpo) before I knew I was pregnant. From the information you described, I would not get it. Your pregnancy is healthy and simply having two fetuses is not a medical problem. I think that the downside of an ultra sound now is that it could potentially risk you out of the birth you want. If there are two fetuses, the risk of baby A being in a bad position for the vaginal delivery of...
Jend- my sweetheart and I tried out our ring sling yesterday. It's definitely going to take some practice! We need to wash it every time we do laundry and try to distress it so that it will be softer/more pliable when the wee one arrives. It's a double-layer linen, so it is quite stiff to pull through the rings now. I hope you start feeling your fetus more, too.    I just thought of a new maybe-we-need-to-buy item- Do we need a waterproof mattress pad for our bed? It...
Hyde- That article is *awesome*. Thanks so much for linking to her!
Here's a handy weeks -> months and trimesters chart: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7060/6935893256_c771c845a5_z.jpg
I'm reading that book too! I'm not expecting any breast feeding problems, my mom said she made enough milk for the whole neighborhood :). We get to stay in the birth clinic "hotel" for two days after the birth with the midwives constantly available for breast feeding advice if we need it. I'm really hoping I make enough milk that I can use some for personal consumption- I really want to make cheese with my breast milk! I might get sick from it (I've been vegan for 17...
@Artificial Red- I absolutely have my favorite products! But of course every product is body-and-local-water dependent. I have thick, curly hair that frizzes if it isn't catered to exactly right. What works for me now is a filter on the shower to remove minerals (not a chlorine remover- an actual filter that removes Ca and Mg), Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo and conditioner (despite the name it is vegan, no silk), and Aveda be curly style prep. Some vegans are...
If you follow the facebook discussion thread, Ergobaby changes their stance from "confirmed counterfeit" to "we can't verify the authenticity". So at least according to that thread, it is not certain if the dailysteal ergos are counterfeit or not.
We tried a lot of strollers and did a lot of research and chose the Brio Go. http://www.brio.net/To_Go_Stroller/Prams_and_Pushchairs/Go.aspx We do not have a car, live in a city, and will be using the stroller for traveling, daily movement around the city, grocery shopping, pretty much all the time when the baby isn't in the sling. The other very popular brand here is Emmaljunga. We chose the Go because 1) we wanted 4 wheels not 3 for getting on and off of public...