or Connect

Posts by mole

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228
*swoon*
My chiropractor appointment was OK. I felt very good when I was leaving. She said that I am too tight in my hip joints (a feature of my body; I have very closed hips; I work on that a lot in my yoga practice). She made my back crack in a couple places I've never cracked it. She suggested I do more hip opening stretches. But a few hours after the appointment, I'm back to awful pain. I wasn't in pain when I went to my appointment, maybe the treatment/diagnosis would be...
Midwife appointment this morning, everything is right on track. I gained 2.5 kg in the past 2 weeks! Which takes me right off the "below average" column of the pregnancy weight gain calculator and directly on the "average" column. And also explains why I feel so ungainly and clumsy and huge! She recommended a chiropractor clinic that specializes in pregnant people and children, and I've got an appointment for tomorrow morning. I cannot wait for that appointment! My...
I have success with floravital (the vegan version of floradix). i've also started drinking wheat grass juice (made from a powder) with it because I have to get another iron test in two weeks and be above a certain level to not risk out of the birthing center. 
I know that the bleeding after a vaginal delivery varies widely from person to person (one of my friends lost two liters of blood after her last delivery! she told me that 15 years ago she probably would have died from it, but fortunately she was fine!). But in general- is it just silly to bring my cloth menstrual pads to wear after the delivery? I haven't seen anybody mention it, so I think maybe I don't really have a grasp on how much I'm going to bleed (or on the...
MM- I can only relate to your brother in this situation, and not you! I didn't tell anyone in my family when my sweetheart and I were getting married- my parents found out when they opened a letter from the US govt addressed to me at their address (I use their address as my address in the US) talking about our fiance visa application process. For me, marriage is a legal loophole I had to jump through so that my sweetheart and I have the official right to live in the same...
Re: bras- I've read that it can be practical and comfortable to just use normal underwire bras while nursing and pull down the fabric on the side that the babe is on and that specialized nursing bras aren't really necessary. Maybe (like everything!) this depends on the size of your breasts or how your little one likes to be held while nursing? I tried folding down the fabric on the new bra I bought yesterday (yay! so happy i bought it) and it seems pretty easy and the...
Ascher, I was worried about sleep positions previously and my midwife (and many of the wise people on this group!) said that a person will be uncomfortable and move before their sleep position will harm their fetus. The books all recommend left side sleeping as the absolute ideal for the fetus, so you are lucky that that is your comfortable position! I am mostly a back sleeper, and when I am flipping over onto my side I am putting a pillow between my knees such that part...
Thanks Lazurite for sharing your experience! I just went out and bought two bras. I am being silly. I can afford to have clothes that fit and while I don't want to buy things that have a short life cycle... It's still ridiculous. My breasts are HUGE compared to normal (when they are already quite big) and they need support. I'm uncomfortable enough without contributing to it through stubbornness. And like you said, maybe they will come in handy again on the down-slope :).