or Connect

Posts by mole

I don't really understand the mechanics of carrying a diaper bag, wearing a baby, and carrying the groceries. Is this possible? Now, if I do my grocery shopping on foot (as opposed to on my bike) I bring a back pack with several extra canvas bags in case the back pack isn't big enough. After the birth, if I wear the baby in front (I'm going to start out with a ring sling and then switch to a SSC when the baby is a little bigger) do I first put on the baby, then put on...
@Ascher21 It can be difficult (sometimes impossible!) to make an informed decision about just about anything related to health and parenting. It is true that everybody can have an opinion on every topic; however some people are experts and some people are not, and being able to tell the difference can help us in making an informed decision. I am reading one of the Sears and Sears books to learn about many aspects of parenting that I am not an expert in (yet!) and they...
@Ava's mama: http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/ABELL.VERYZER061512.pdf "On 25 April 2001, Petitioner received both the Hepatitis B and Hepatitis A vaccines. Thereafter, Petitioner suffered ill symptoms of pain and neurological damage, which he believed resulted from the vaccinations he received. On 29 September 2003, Petitioner first filed a petition with this Court, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 300aa-11,2 for compensation of a vaccine-related...
@Ava's mama- Dr. Tenpenny is not a reliable source of information about vaccines. In a decision filed on June 15, 2010 – Veryzer v. HHS, US Court of Federal Claims, No. 06-0522V – Special Master Abell considered whether Tenpenny’s “expert evidence” may be excluded under the Daubert standard in a VICP proceeding. The special master said that Tenpenny lacked the expertise for the opinion that she gave in the case, and that, even if she did have the qualifications, her...
Ascher: https://www.coursera.org/course/vaccines
Drink something with sugar! That gets the fetus dancing. Then lay down and count, and don't hesitate to call in if you aren't feeling as much movement as you think you should. 
cool, thanks for link!
I cannot imagine growing up *anywhere* and being oblivious to racism. It permeates all modern societies so deeply. As one example specific to Germany, almost all of the major football teams have racist fan clubs- including Bayern Munchen, which makes attending games dangerous for fans who are not white... The fact that you worry about your children being discriminated against because their mother is an immigrant should open your eyes to the plight of other people.  
MissE- I lived in Germany for four years. Many Germans are racist and specifically racist against semitic people. (the word anti-semitic is often used to mean anti-Jewish but it encompasses all of the semitic people including those who speak Arabic, etc.). You'd be hard pressed to find people in Germany who don't recognize the rampant racism against people who appear to have immigrated from the middle east or have middle eastern ancestors. The threads you are reading are...
KLeeCW, thanks for the update! Interested to hear how it turns out for you and how many kiddos you are going to have. To reiterate though- there is not a consensus here :). I haven't heard anything from your description that would make me think an US is medically necessary now. Not that I am saying that is the only reason a person should choose to have one- it's just what you wrote was important to you (and it is also what is important to me). When taking everyone's...