or Connect

Posts by DesertSunsets

I was just thinking that thread-keeper seems like a really lucky job here lately! Keeping my fingers crossed that April is your month, Max. 2ez!!!! That's so wonderful, congratulations! Please, please stick little bean! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome Sara, we have looked at most of the bigger banks, but we've found several donors we liked at Northwest Andrology. We haven't bought any yet, but we're getting to the time frame where we'll buy the long profiles...
Hey all!  I've been following this board for awhile now and I've popped in here and there, but I am going to go ahead and jump in now, even though we won't be TTC for a few months still.  Hopefully that isn't poor form, to be active with so many months of waiting ahead of us!     My wife and I are going to start trying for our first baby in August; she will be carrying first.  We plan on beginning by doing at-home inseminations with frozen sperm.     We've been...
My wife and I have some friends who just had a wonderful baby boy in the way you're describing. The first woman went on fertility meds, then had her eggs harvested. They used donor sperm to fertilize the eggs, then had the eggs implanted into the second womans uterus. They only implanted one blastocyst and the very first pregnancy took! Now they have six other blastocysts in frozen storage for their next attempt, whenever that may be.
I just looked at those books, they are so cute!  2moms, how do the pages come out?
Hey everyone, I'm looking for opinions and experiences from anyone who has kids, is pregnant, or is wanting to become pregnant!  I've been wondering a lot lately what us queer parents are supposed to do in the baby book regard.  Having a baby book for each of our (future, not yet pregnant with) children is something I really want, but it seems like all the baby books out there are very heterosexist. I don't want to buy a Mommy/Daddy baby book and cross out "Daddy", I...
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1300542/march-2011-queer-ttc-looking-for-a-few-bfp-s   Above is the link to this month's queer conceptions thread.  
Crystal, !   I can't really offer you much on the subject of endometriosis, but I would highly suggest checking out the monthly thread for Queer Conceptions.  Introduce yourself in March and ask away!  The ladies there would be more than happy to help and advise and commiserate with you.   Congratulations on starting your journey to parenthood, good luck!
I'm not sure if you got your questions answered (maybe by private message?) but I'll make an attempt to answer some that I know!   First off, it's important to note that every state has different rules and regulations on licensing foster and adoptive families.  Second, different agencies within one state can also have different rules about licensing.  So the first step there is to do some research on what agencies are close to your home and which agencies you might...
Hey all,   For anyone interested, the book DW and I have been reading (the one with the green tea suggestion) is called, "Do You Want to Have a Baby? Natural fertility and pregnancy care" by Sarah Abernathy and Linda Page.  I bought our copy on Amazon used for $0.01 and $3.99 shipping, yay!    It's been pretty decent, so far.  A lot of herbal remedies and supplement suggestions.  It also has a section on increasing male fertility, for anyone interested in trying...
Sammy- I have a lot of respect for your willingness to fight for what you believe in and what your goals are.  It sounds like you and your partner have definitely decided you want to have children now and what you're really looking for is support and a community.    I think you should go over to the Queer Conceptions thread, a new one is started each month and it's where all the trying to conceive mamas gather together to help and support one another.    There...