or Connect

Posts by sunshine*girl

Sorry you didn't get your VBAC. I had a second section this time around, unplanned but went ahead after 2 days of labor and only 2 cm dialated, and I've also found recovery to be amazingly different from last time. Which is a good thing since we have other children to look after. My dd has joined the meltdown group as well. happy times! On a positive note she thinks that Cohen is the best thing ever and she absolutely adores being a big sister.
Ahhhh, it's taken me long enough to post this! On November 28th I had an unplanned section to deliver my baby. It was a boy! He weighed in at 10lbs 12oz, a bit smaller than his u/s estimate of a little over 11lbs. We decided that he did not look like a Cole, our favourite boy name, we agreed on Cohen. Full name is Cohen Vincent Elis. Now the real story is the 48 hours of labor I had. : Contractions started around 11:30am Sunday. I called my doula friend in the...
Allison and BR, you two are deep in my thoughts and are going to be one of the things that keeps me going on my quest for a VBAC. I haven't had this baby yet but things so far have not gone as I would like-tomorrow I go to talk induction after some tests. It would be SO much easier to just give up and go for the section that I could very very easily have by Tuesday at the latest. And it is starting to look appealing even though for the last oh, 38 weeks I've been...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaughingHyena It is getting a bit old though, especially since induction options are pretty limited since this one will (hopefully) be a VBAC. I'm really hoping that things will start happening this weekend, I keep having painful contractions but they fizzle out again after a few hours. I'm with you on that one! I have to go to the hospital on Monday for tests to check the baby's heartbeat and the fluid levels and...
I'm still here, baby packed tightly inside. I'm working on borrowed time though....I go to the hospital on Monday to check baby's heartbeat and the amniotic fluid levels then we're going to talk induction. : I had a doctor try a sweep on Monday morning but my cervix is still far back and not dialated. My midwife tried again the next evening but no dice then either. That had me depressed for a day. But not much we can really do at this point. My midwife gave me...
Congrats on the safe delivery! I was wondering about you the other day. I will keep your story in mind when it's my turn and hopefully I can be as powerful as you and know when things just aren't going to go as planned and accept the alternative with grace. Best wishes for a fast recovery and a wonderful breastfeeding relationship.
I am SO jealous! Here's hoping for a lovely birth experience!
Personally I'd do #1. That way you are less likely to step on toes that might come back to haunt you. It also takes the pressure off the midwives. I'm not saying it isn't the more wimpy option but it is what I'd do if I was in your position. Like my midwife says, just because they want to do a test it is still your body and you do have the right to say no. But then my midwife is a bit of a little firecracker. Very un-Swedish of her. Just think....in a few...
citymama, the midwife that did the test was very very clear with us that the weight the ultrasound came up with was in no way set in stone and that as the pregnancy progresses and the baby gets bigger it gets harder and harder to be accurate. She told us the only way to be sure of the weight of the baby is to have the baby in arms and put it on a scale. But the fact is that the baby is big and it was a bit.....unsettling to actually hear a doctor tell you that baby...
Well technically my "real" edd was the 16th going by my dates but we took the later dd so we would have some wiggle room. My mom is hoping I can have the baby on the 27th because it is my grandparent's anniversary. As nice as that would be I don't want to have to wait that long! I am really lucky that dh has been so supportive of my goals. I know he is more than a little bit scared for me and for baby but he's really changed the way he thinks as this pregnancy has...