or Connect

Posts by sunshine*girl

Ok....yesterday I went for a run of appointments about this baby. I ended up having to do the glucose test which I wasn't happy about but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that big a deal so I just went with it. Then the ultrasound to check the baby's size. 3 weeks ago we had one done and baby was measuring 23% bigger than "average" sized babies at the same gestation. Yeah. Yesterday the woman started the ultrasound then got up and said "I'm going to get...
s2bmo2....it is frustrating but in the end there isn't much we can do until baby decides they are ready. As hard as it is to do try to relax a bit and unwind. I have a feeling that me stressing about the baby not coming is making things a million times worse and preventing things from starting. Get in the bath, have a glass of red wine (I've heard it can help start things), and just try to forget you have such a silly thing as a due date. Easier said than done but...
Thanks CableGirl. Just an update....the meeting was fantastic! I feel so much more comfy at that hospital. I don't know what it is but I feel at ease there. After the appointment dh and I were talking about it and I was turning blue trying to explain why I wanted to birth there and he told me that if I feel comfortable there then I don't need to explain it to anyone. Awwwwww. So I am now going to go there. And I have an appointment for the 20th for another...
Thanks for the links-I'll have to check them out. My midwife told me yesterday to do everything I can to get this baby out asap. She said we are now looking at a 4-5kg baby. Eeeeeek! Kind of complicates the VBAC a bit....Broken pelvis Jan 2002 plus big baby. : On a great note I have an appointment today with the hospital I want to go to. If nothing else they will work fast here....Diane called them yesterday morning and they gave me an appointment for this...
Going to the bathroom has now become a huge thing to me. I have been checking the paper anxiously for signs of blood for the last few weeks...just like someone waiting for their period to know they aren't pregnant. And loose poo....I never thought I would say this but it does make me excited that it might be an indicator that the train is leaving the station. So far it hasn't meant a damn thing.
I thought for sure that yesterday was going to be the "big day". I was nesting like never before.....I was completely unable to stop cleaning up. Dh was resting on the couch telling me to sit down and take it easy. I told him I had absolutely no control over it-I just had to clean things up. I also had some contractions and I don't know.....it just felt like things were going to happen. It's so hard to stop thinking about it ALL the time. I know stressing and...
Here's hoping for you! Sending you good labor & delivery vibes.
Oy saskmom I was hoping for you! I never had bh like the ones I'm having now and I'm always questioning if it's the "real" thing or not. I told my mom I feel like a teenager.....so naive and questioning every little twinge. And the insomnia! That's just a cruel joke.
I'm planning a VBAC this time as well. Last time was a planned section and I never went into labor. So this time is like the very first time for me. At this point I'm ok if circumstances during labor mean I must have a section. But there is no way in hell I'm going the planned route again. Here's some dust for successful VBACs all round.
The herbal brew is something my midwife gave me. It is weleda so everything is in German. So I'm absolutely no help there. It's something that I add to about 1tbsp of water and take twice a day. I took a break this week but I'll be taking it again on Friday to see if I can't get things going. Everyone tells me red wine works a charm. I don't remember trying to pee while having the rock belly. But I do sleep through them no problem. The worse is when I have...