or Connect

Posts by sunshine*girl

I just went through this myself! And I have had three previous experiences with nursing strikes, the last one lasting over 2 weeks. My daughter sounds like your son...very stubborn and strong willed. I know how you are feeling, it is so hard when they won't even let you get them in the nursing position! What worked for us with the last nursing strike was to wait until she was almost asleep....sometimes she had just fallen asleep and nurse then. Sometimes she...
THanks! I really appreciate your help! Lauren is teething. I think that since she has started getting teeth she hasn't stopped. She has 4 teeth in various stages of coming through. I have an aspirator for her nose. I have been trying to use that before nursing her but not much is coming out. And most times she goes absolutely insane. She hates having things up her nose. Anyway she had a soother free day today. I have made some other changes-she was...
Ok I have been nursing my 12½ month dd four times a day-after each meal with no problem. Now she has a cold (maybe unimportant?) and is refusing to nurse most times. She is getting really frustrated when I go to nurse her, kicking and squirming to get out of my arms. We have gone through nursing strikes before-3 to be exact. The last one lasted two weeks and I had given up but managed to get her back by nursing her when she was almost asleep. Could this be another...
The link takes you to a page requesting you to login. What you have to do is first set the album to public. Then the picture that you want us to see "share" it with yourself. When that email comes there will be a long url that you can cut and paste here and we will be able to see your little cutie. Hope that my instructions were somewhat understandable.
I found mamatoto by mistake. I was trying to find out info on wraps since a girl I know said she loves hers. I thought that it would be too much work to have a wrap instead of a sling. Once I looked around mamatoto I was thinking differently. I tried putting my dd on my back with a sheet wrap. And I LOVED it. My daughter seemed impressed as well. But the sheet wasn't long enough. So I have a rebozo coming in the mail. Hopefully it will get here early next...
Yeah it was from fautos. I bid on it and won. I can't wait for it to get here! I just got a sling from planet zebes, another ebay store, and I just love that. I hope I will be as happy with the rebozo. But I have asked questions from the fautos bunch and I haven't gotten a reply. Whats up with that? :
Ok I have been looking at making my own wrap as described on mamatoto. Now I have been looking on ebay and found a 5m long rebozo I'm interested in. Chances are the rebozo would be cheaper than the fabric here in Sweden. Should I go for it or try to find some fabric instead? :bf
Sorry to hear the news! If you are interested in using a wrap go to www.mamatoto.org. There you can get directions for making your own wrap. Also there is a ton of information there, different carrying styles shown step by step-some animated.