or Connect

Posts by sunshine*girl

Yeah...for some reason my dh has decided he can only do dishes on the weekends. : I'm still doing most of the cleaning. With the exception of two weekends ago when he started nesting. I was happy that day!
Yeah, people make the most inane comments about a name you've picked out. I asked my sister what she thought of the name Amira and she said "Amira? Like a Bostonian saying a mirror" Then nearly peed herself laughing. She also said we couldn't use Vincent because all she hears is "Vinnie Bobarino" (sp?) from Welcome Back Kotter. : We had the problem with boys names last pregnancy and now it is the opposite. We have decided on either Cole or Lennon. Cole because...
Great news....well of course not the tox. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The dads must be over the moon. Wow, it's really getting close for the rest of us. I don't really think about it until I come here and read about other mommies having their November babies now. Makes me a wee bit jealous.
The person who did the review gave it 5 stars....says that she really likes it and the fact that her husband can wear it as well. I'll pm the whole thing for you, I don't want to copy and paste it here because I have no idea who the woman is and it doesn't feel proper to c&p to this forum without her consent.
A girl's name that I love is Tovah. There are two reasons we aren't using it...I heard it because one of the girls in dd daycare has that name and the Swedish word for toilet is toa. Tovah sounds quite like toa-especially when dd says it. It's a name that probably won't be popular. Another girl's name that is nice but a bit too popular here is Tindra. There's also Sänna and Sagha. Good luck finding something.
So far I've gained about 22lbs or 11kg. Due to my delightfully plump starting weight my mw said I should aim to gain only 6-8kg. And I thought it was something I was going to manage. Then I rolled into the third trimester. But.....baby is measuring quite big at 35cm so I keep that in mind. Also my sugars have been fantastic so far, nothing above a 5.6. Although I would have loved to gain only 6-8kg I'm happy to know that the gain is all baby. Well at least...
I am not ready at all. Something that has changed not that long ago. Just two weeks ago I was ready. Since last pregnancy was a planned section (for medical reasons) I really didn't have to think about anything-if I went into labor then I was to run to the hospital and have an emergency section. I never even went into labor. This time it has started to hit me....oh shit I don't know anything! It is like the first pregnancy in so many ways. Not to mention that this...
Congrats! I'm with m2tm...I'm jealous! Sounds like you had a pretty great birth and a lovely healthy baby girl.
Quote: Originally Posted by Oana Quick q: how if hemp different than fleece? Somehow I thought they were the same. Also, are all reversible ones non-stretch? Thanks ladies, this is helpful! Oana The hemp is not as fluffy as fleece. I don't know how it compares fit wise but they feel quite different. I thought the hemp was going to be almost terry-like but it isn't at all. Some of the reversables are stretch, at this time bounding...
Thanks citymama! We went to what we thought was going to be a hospital tour of our #1 choice on Wednesday. Well we were wrong. It seemed to be an info session...including something that required a screen and projector. Needless to say we didn't stay. I was willing to go through a hospital tour in Swedish (I am not fluent) but walking into that room was like walking into a university classroom. : Instead we went to the BB (delivery section-not attached to the...