or Connect

Posts by sunshine*girl

If you are an E cup then you will need the ++ style bravado original. I would say either the L or XL++. Get one of those for the beginning and then wait for things to get established and go for the "supreme nursing bra" from bravado. I might add that I went to their site to double check things and the polka dot in the original style is being discontinued and is on sale for 25.99 (regular price 37 CAN) and the black licorice supreme nursing bra is being discontinued...
With my first pregnancy I bought two nursing bras before my milk came in. One I got in Sweden and it was obscenely expensive. And my ignorance about nursing was obvious-the cups opened via hook and eye closures up the middle. Honestly-what an insane design. The second bra I got closer to my planned section date. I got a bravado "original" nursing bra, the only bravado available at the time. I should have gotten a size larger than I did because by the time my milk...
The Bravado bras rock....I can't rave about the snaps instead of clips enough. Everytime it was time to nurse I would unsnap and feel like Wonder Woman. I find the glamourmom tops run small. I tried one on while newly pregnant and there is no bloody way my ladies would fit when my milk comes in. It didn't even fit then....my chest was a big fat pancake. : It sucks because I so desperately wanted one.
Instead of storage bags you can get her Slim Lines milk trays. I haven't yet used them for breastmilk but they are fantastic for making ice cubes. The great thing about them is that she'll never run out of them and much better for the environment. What about some wool breastpads and some special wool wash? Last time I used bravado's cloth breastpads and I still have them but I'm planning on getting some wool this time. I didn't know about them until recently. ...
The bravado bras are fantastic and they have updated their line so they have a "real" nursing bra for the more endowed. The "Supreme" nursing bra. I measured myself by their directions and I need the biggest size they have. : I have tried the Yes! brand as well. I bought two and the first one fit nicely but the second one was a bit...wonky. This time around I'm going to get two bravado supreme and two of the original. I'm just hoping my boobs don't get much...
I don't know where it's from but my friend has a daughter named Elea. I love it and I'd steal it if I could. I had a friend from Australia with the name Leisha. You could go with some names from Sweden: Astrid Tindra (popular at the moment) Pia Petra Lil (my MiL name) Ylva Linnéa (my daughter's middle name) Elin Annika Malin Solveig Stina Frida I have a Scottish friend who's currently preggers and she loves the name Iona. But Swedish people would...
Now I want poutine! You can get it quite easily in NS & NB but not the "real" poutine...it's usually made with grated cheese. I've made it myself with grated cheese when I can't find the curds. Grated cheese poutine is better than no poutine imo. I also tend to use chicken gravy to make my poutine. Probably making some sort of poutine that would make the real stuff blush then vomit. Lately I've been wanting orange pop. Odd since it isn't something I usually...
Here the popular names are Emma and Emilie. I'm quite sure if you go to a playground and yell Emma or Emilie in a Swedish accent half the girls will turn around. I like those names but it is way too popular here. Wilma is also making a come back. Annika....it might be becoming more popular here. There is a HUGE baby boom going on in Sweden these days. You can't go anywhere without seeing at least five pregnant women. American names are popular here even if they...
I'm going for a VBAC. I don't have a doula but I do have a friend that lives close to the hospital that is training to be a doula (another member of mdc) and has offered to be on call if I want/need her. The idea of a home birth has not been completely ruled out-my midwife told her that if I go into labor and decide then to stay home just give her a call and she'll come over. She also told me that if I give birth at the hospital she is affiliated with I'll have a...
We cd'd our dd but didn't start until she was around 9 months old. We were moving to a new apartment and we weren't sure what the laundry situation would be. Turns out that the washer we had was useless since our apartment building is so old we aren't allowed to have washers or dishwashers. And our laundry room is in another apartment down the road. Oh joy! Anyway, we had to do wet storage since we only get laundry time once a week. I would rather do dry storage...