or Connect

Posts by andwhenthefog

my baby was the same, right from the very beginning (the only panicked phone call we made during the first-time-parent-newborn-stage was to the doctor when he was three days old, freaking out that he hadn't pooped in 30 hours.  of course, he went literally 5 minutes later).  then he had the normal newborn-shart in every diaper for 12 weeks, and the minute he turned 3 months old he started going 10 days between poops.  the first time we asked the ped (at 10 days) she...
my baby is almost 8 months old and i am starting to think about creating a nighttime ritual for him.   dad usually gets home from work anytime between 8:30 and 9:30. we are bed-sharing and my son nurses to sleep. until recently, he would take his last evening nap at around 7 or 8, and then go to sleep for the night around 9:45 or 10. this was working really well because it gave him and dad a chance to see each other before bed, and we would be able to eat dinner...
Thanks for the advice and support!  My return to work went quite smoothly, though I put in my two weeks' after the first week because I wasn't making enough money working part time.  Oh well!  At least now I have a nice freezer stash going!  And when I find another job I won't have the added stress of starting a pumping routine now that I've had a month of figuring out what works for me.  Thanks for the kind words, ladies.    
thanks for the responses :)   to clarify - yes, we really are just a small ma-and-pop operation, no bigger corporation.  the space is really small.  the bathroom door is literally the only door in the entire space - everything else is divided by curtains.  in the years that i've worked there, we've had to rearrange numerous times in order to simply have enough space to store the store's stuff.  there is currently a little nook between a fridge and a table that is...
hello!  i introduced myself in the newbie/lurker thread about a month ago but never followed through with my promise to post pictures and start being active in discussions . . . bad, i know . . . but now i'm going back to work and i was hoping some of you who have already done that could give me some advice, since i'm not finding a ton on the internet.   i am going back to work part time on monday and i am finding myself stressing out more about pumping than any...
i am another lurker de-lurking!   hello, my name is adriana.  i've been lurking for ohh.... about a year?  so, creepily, i know a lot about you guys without ever jumping in myself :)   my son (still sounds weird!), jack atlas, was born on september 1.  jack is 4.5 months old now, 16.2 lbs, 25? inches long, and pretty much the best baby ever!  i still haven't gone back to work but savings are running low so it's looking like i'll be going back in the beginning of...