or Connect

Posts by tittipeitto

Just another question to Tiqa, or my opinion... Why are you obsessing over the peachy colors... you seem to like bright colors, then your home should be it, bright! I love white washed home, and I absolutely hate peach!! :) If there's a pedagogical reason to the color in a waldorf classroom, ok then, but do you really believe they stop learning about life, love and the like in your home if it's decorated the way their mother likes it? If your kids are in a waldorf...
I'm not sure anyone's home needs to be out of a waldorf catalog for it to be a peaceful and beautiful home. I have long ago given up on having all wooden toys, it's just not realistic in our life. Little hints to mother-in-law don't have any effect, and I don't want to get all military on what she is allowed to buy our children. I can't ask her to shop online for specific waldorf things, so I have engouraged her to buy lego's and books, but it's not enough for her. I get...
My son wrote words at age 3. in fact he was sounding out O-B-A-M-A in the back of my car at election time. He was in pre school at the time, but I decided to pull him out anyways. I felt his childhood was slipping away and his life was getting too serious. While he liked the academics, he hated the structured time in preschool and how, as soon as him and his friends invented something fun to play, it was time for clean up. I moved him into parent co-op waldorf inspired...
My 3 something, a baby only when breastfeeding.
Oh I love this post, and I love all the advice like:  "Remind myself that death is very orderly, life is chaotic and crazy. Embrace life."   Now here are few tips that have made my life easier. I designed my new home originally with a play room next to kitchen, which was for a while a good thing because a toddler wants to be near mommy. When my younger one was 2.5 I realized that they played at the other end of the house more anyways, and moved the playroom out of...
Wow that just sounds just like my son!! And I'm trying to decide if montessori or waldorf would be any good for him. He is doing fine in a public school, but I'm concerned it will strip off his love of learning and all that beautiful stuff. I'll be waiting for someone to answer you!
I have also been looking into montessori and Waldorf. Closest montessori schools are full, there are only three in the city for the elementary level. I'm in the process of trying to figure out if Waldorf will fit our son in the long term. It has always been my dream come true for my kids, but the more I research it, the more I feel nervous about it. In your case I would not be concerned, I think it would be the best place for pre school age children, but I need to make a...
Well the poster is gone, but many of us reading!  I have to put my input here too!  I was so proud of my boy who could say the alphabet at 2 (thanks to sesame street) And write things, (not just his name) at 3. But at the same time, I was using tv as a babysitter for cooking, showers, pretty much any time I could not sit at playroom floor and entertain him. I knew something was wrong, and wanted him to learn how to play independently, to have the imagination, I knew...
Now a year later! Thank you all for your awesome helpful and supportive replies. I did the craziest thing and just pulled him out of school, told them I will homeschool for now, and enrolled him in our own neighborhood school next fall.  Don't know if I shared it here before, but he had simultaneously with the bullying developed this fear of death, he thought his heart was going to stop beating etc... After pulling him out of school , all those fears and...
Saraem, we also went to the best preschool in the world! It was "waldorfy" in it's basics, no academics, just play with very simple toys. But we had two male teachers and an old woman with a very strong character, and they joked around with the kids all the time, and were very warm and affectionate. They let the kids just play and were very good at directing the kids away from playing spiderman and having them invent their own super heros. This became another family for...