or Connect

Posts by wagz

Evenings have been pretty chaotic, but I'm trying my hardest to implement a bedtime routine.  The vision is to get DS in the tub right after supper (6:30ish) and then head upstairs for pjs, teeth and hair brushing and then a story and nursing in bed.     I have a 9 and 15 year old as well, so sometimes it is super challenging to get the energy level down after supper and get everyone on-board with the bedtime routine!  Anyone have tips for getting older sibs to...
(I initially posted this in the sleep forum a few days ago, but since I haven't gotten any responses I thought I'd throw it out here to all you Toddler folks.  Hopefully you all will have something to say!)   We have more or less always co-slept with our 27 month old.  For the last year or so he has started the night in his own bed and sometime during the night moved into our's and he either nurses to sleep or is walked by his dad - all of which is totally fine for us....
Thanks HappyHappy!      Think I might x-post in Toddlers too...
We have more or less always co-slept with our 27 month old.  For the last year or so he has started the night in his own bed and sometime during the night moved into our's and he either nurses to sleep or is walked by his dad - all of which is totally fine for us.  The issue is the timing of nighttime sleep and nap.  He currently goes to sleep anywhere from 8 to 11pm and sleeps until anytime between 6:30 and 9am.  Nap happens anytime from 11 to 1 pm and lasts anywhere from...
I'm not sure who came up with it - it was suggested to us by our kids' doctor.     There are only 3 Rules: (but they pretty much cover everything!) 1.  Obey all parent (or teacher) requests immediately and without argument. 2.  Treat people and property with respect. 3.  Work and play at the right times and in the right places.   When a kid breaks one of the rules we go to the kid (or bring the kid to where the fridge where the rules are posted) and start...
Thanks for the leads.  I'll do some research.  And it honestly never occurred to me to ask ahead of time which meds would be used, but that makes an awful lot of sense.  Hard to give "informed consent" if you haven't had any time to process the information you're being given. 
My 8 year old DS sounds so similar to what you all are describing!  Sometimes he is just the sweetest, most considerate and loving child on the planet and other times he's storming through the house screaming obscenities and throwing pillows.  And for the life of me, I frequently can't figure out what the issue is.  Sometimes he is just in a mood to be "in a mood" and we all have to ride it out.     We have found a few of things that make a big difference:   1....
I've been putting off having my wisdom teeth out for ages and it is feeling like the time to just get it done already.     I would probably do it sometime this summer when I'll have lots of family help on hand.     My one big concern is my son who would be 20-23 months by then and almost certainly still nursing.  (I nursed my older kids well past age 2.5, little dude shows no sign of stopping and I'm more than happy to keep on keepin' on.)     What have other...
We recently resolved a heavy duty ammonia/funk problem with lots of boiling and stripping - yay!   But now, every time I take a wet diaper off the baby it smells like bleach.  BUT WE NEVER USE BLEACH!  What in the world is going on???   We have switched to pre-folds only, with PUL covers.     Our wash routine is as follows: 2 cold rinses Heavy duty wash in hot water with 1TBS homemade detergent (1C washing soda + 1C borax + 1 grater bar Dr. B's lavender)...
yep, American and Jewish!  And living in a small town in the Bible Belt on top of that.  I've had it up to HERE with Jesus!