or Connect

Posts by A-time-to-live

* EDD: 1st half.  I'm predicting Nov. 3rd.  I actually had my 1st on the day I predicted (which was different than the EDD my midwife gave me)! * Name: Time * Age at conception / Age at delivery: 36 * Location: Southwest * How long it took to you to get your BFP: We had just barely (maybe hadn't quite) decided that we wanted another and bam!  Guess it was meant to be.   * What number child is this for you: Second * Family (partner, other children, and/or...
Sorry to hear it.  :-(  Many good vibes and best wishes to you.
Can someone post a link to more info on reactive hypoglycemia? I'm wondering if this is what we've been struggling with. DD seems to have issues if she doesn't eat every 1.5-2 hours and everytime she eats a source of protein must be included. For some reason daycare can't seem to get this. The other day they did actually give her most of the food that I sent but when I picked her up they were feeding her pretzels. (They are not supposed to give her any food other than what...
My daughter hasn't started to read yet but I was an early reader (age 2).  IT was definitely phonics based and I can even remember the "ah-hah" moment when I got it.  I was at my grandmother's house playing with magnet letters.  My mom was explaining how if you add different letters to "at" you would get different words and it suddenly clicked.  That's allI I remember but I apparently took off with the whole reading thing after that.  From your examples it sounds like...
 Could be what she's not getting in place of the sugar as well? My DD doesn't get a lot of added sugar but we've found that if we don't give her protein at frequent enough intervals she is a mess.
I feel like I need to begin again with the disclaimer - my daughter may very well not be gifted - she's only 23 months.  She can count to 10 and back down again but only counts objects to 3.  She can sing the ABC's but only knows 4 letters.   She doesn't have an amazing store of knowledge about any particular subject.  But she's highly verbal and very social and confident and I would love to be able to share my proud mommy stories here where people won't make me feel...
My DD is also very sensitive but this does not bother her. In fact she is fascinated by which animals people eat. On occasion, when reading a book about animals, she will ask first me and then DH whether we eat each animal. She also is well aware that eggs come from hens, milk comes from cows, etc. I am glad that she knows where her food comes from. I worried more that stories like "The Gingerbread Man" might upset her but in fact that is currently one of her favorite...
I don't know what average is but - my 23 month spontaneously tells us that she is happy, sad, grumpy, mad, frustrated, shy, excited, worried, and "feeling silly."  She will also talk about things that make her feel that way: "Mommy hugs make me happy."  :-)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.  She does actually do better in wide-open spaces and in fact she plays better with boys because they will almost always play chase and other rough-and-tumble games with her.  (Not that I think girls don't play these games too - just that the girls we know don't.)  Maybe I can work on arranging more of these types of playdates and less of the others.     I think my friend got in my head a bit and I started worrying...
My DD does this - one or two words over and over again - shouting, whining, screeching.  When I call her on it she used to actually tell me that she was talking like a baby.  Now she tells me it's one of her dolls or stuffed animals, or her coat said it, or her foot?!  It totally makes me crazy but I'm actually just trying not to respond and hoping it goes away?