or Connect

Posts by A-time-to-live

Just adding my vote to getting out of the house!   Regarding sleep - my DD NEEDS more sleep but does in fact sleep less. Don't know if she's gifted yet but - her pediatrician suggested that this difficulty was likely due to her precociousness and "not being able to turn off her brain."
IT does seem that lack of sleep seems to be pretty much the answer here.  On the very rare occasion that she naps we do not see the behaviors.  I wish I knew how to get her to nap more regularly but that seems to be impossible at this point.  I am working on trying to get her to bed earlier... 
Sounds like typical behavior it is.  Thanks - that's what I needed to hear.  Yes - low blood sugar is also a problem for us but we usually have that pretty under control.  Too much sugar is also apparently a problem.  She ate a really good breakfast the other day and then we let her have a sweet empanada as a treat.  She went to her soccer class where she usually does a really good job listening and participating appropriately and she was completely out of control....
Not really a "gifted" question except that I think sometimes my behavioral expectations for her are too high and I don't know if (am hoping that) maybe that's the case in this situation.  Over the past couple of weeks DD(3) has been acting up daily.  I know - terrible threes and all that - I just didn't expect it to be like this.  She starts by getting really silly - laughing uncontrollably and displaying lots of excess physicality - climbing up furniture, running away,...
Lots going on and I feel like I have a ton of questions for you all but I'm too tired to formulate them....   My little girl is 3 this month!  She's really into puzzles these days.  I got her a couple of 48 piece puzzles thinking they would keep her busy for awhile but it took her only 2-3 days to master them.  Imaginative play continues to be her biggest interest though.  These days she acts out a story but then expands on it....and expands on it...and she could go...
Don't know that DD is gifted but she is definitely precocious in her play and verbal skills.  She didn't self-entertain to speak of until her sister was born (at just over 2.5 years).
Thanks!
Nevermind. I think I'm just over tired and worried for no real reason.
Yes.  DD memorizes books.  I knew she could remember simple books but was surprised to hear her 'read' the "Nutcracker" to her stuffed animals the other day.  She also 'read' "Outside Over There" upside down when pretending to lead story time.  She won't do it if we ask her to so I have no idea how many of her books she knows word for word.  When she is playing she will often borrow language from the books and sometimes gets upset if we don't use the correct language to...
When we are reading books I have to remind her before reading each page - "I read first and then you can ask/tell me."  Doesn't matter if it's fiction or non - she always has something to say!  I'll have to try the Quiet Game - though I have a feeling she would just refuse to play. I really like the idea of limiting time at meals but we have issues with blood sugar too so - that might create bigger problems.  The not-enough mental stimulation theory is interesting.  I'm...