or Connect

Posts by A-time-to-live

I love that she has such an active imagination but DD(almost 3)'s story telling is really getting to me today.  It took her an hour to eat lunch and that was with me constantly handing her food, asking her to take a bite, etc.  She has been in bed for 15 minutes and it sounds like she's going to forego her nap for storytelling again.  She still needs her nap.  She is a wreck in the afternoons when she doesn't nap.  Does anyone have any suggestions for putting limits on...
My babe was induced at 42 weeks after my water had broken early without my going into labor.  I didn't need an epidural but ended up retaining tissue and going in for a d&c.  That's actually the closest I can even come to writing a birth story right now.  There was a lot of additional drama....  I think what bothers me most is that my water broke early with my oldest DD too.  I didn't have to be induced b/c I was able to self-induce using hynobirthing techniques but...
I have to add one new accomplishment: She went to sleep by herself last night!  Completely self-initiated! Of course tonight DH is in there again lying next to her until she falls asleep but - she did it once so she will do it again...   Thanks Miranda.  I didn't actually realize how much I needed this reassurance.  I've been thinking to myself "Skeleton World" every time she starts telling this type of story since I read your post.   Greenmama - I'm having her try out 3...
Don't have time to read through all the past posts right now but - I have to join this discussion!  I got a huge tear in the seat of my pants this morning and now have only 2 pairs or maternity pants left.  Time to lose those last 10 pounds.  (I was 135 pre-pregnancy and gained 35 pounds.  I have been hovering around 145 for at least 3 weeks now.)
My first DD had food allergies and seemed unhappy to me.  I really believe it was discomfort and not temperament as she is now a very very happy almost-3-year-old.  Her baby sister seems soooo happy to me in comparison.  She actually smiles and coos and is beginning to laugh.  It's wonderful and I'm so glad I had them in the order in which I did!  
What's your current routine with your toddler for nap time?
DD(2.5) became a big sister in November!  She adores the baby and is adjusting relatively well - though we are certainly having more frequent and intense tantrums these days.  She is having to learn to play by herself which is definitely a challenge for her.  I'm not sure how typical this is but she seems to be using an imaginary friend "baby" and her "big sister" as a coping strategy.  When she doesn't like the way something is going, she tells a story about baby in...
I am eating normal meals (breakfast, lunch dinner - normal portions) plus a morning and 2 afternoon snacks (crackers or fruit with nut butter, an egg, avocado on toast, nuts with dried fruit, etc) and a bowl of ice-cream before I go to bed. If I'm hungry I eat more often.   I gained about 35 pounds and am now up 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm not in a hurry to lose the rest.  I lost weight really fast after my first pregnancy because I had to change my...
I wear a nursing cami and pull my top shirt up.  Neither of my DD's would/will nurse with a cover.  Besides I have enough other stuff to remember/tote around to worry about packing a cover too!  :-)
I totally know what you mean.  When I was laboring I missed my oldest DD so much that I cried and just wanted to undo getting pregnant so I could be with her.  Then when the baby was born she was sick and I really didn't want her anywhere near her.  I had such a hard time not shooing her away every time she came near and it was so sad because she had been so excited about the baby for so long and really wanted to be with her - constantly!  It's better now that she's not...