or Connect

Posts by A-time-to-live

It's gotten a little easier - knock on wood.  DD (1 month) will often sleep 1-2 hours at a time as long as she is in the Moby.  I just don't try to put her down anymore.  And DD (2.5 years) has gotten used to the way wearing the Moby restricts my ability to play with her.  She doesn't ask me to do things that require I crawl around on the floor anymore and will often request "I'll move them (the characters in her play) and you make them talk."  When DD (1 month) is awake...
What a great picture!   Congrats to him!    
    Thanks!  I will!  But not right now - LO is waking up hungry!!!  :-)  
Ok - so today is my first day home with 2 without DH and I'm at a loss.  I just get DD(12 days) to sleep and I have to put her down to do something for DD(2.5) and she wakes up.  I feel guilty leaving her in her carseat (which so far seems to be the most likely place for her to stay asleep) - esp if she wakes up.  But DD(2.5) is getting really upset by my lack of availability.  Any suggestions are welcome!  I've tried wearing her but she only likes it if I'm moving...
I had to go in for a D&C on Wednesday.  No infection yet but I had been passing huge amounts of tissue and bleeding bleeding bleeding.  I was so anxious about leaving my beautiful baby but at least I was able to pump enough for her and she took the bottle fine from DH and slept the rest of the time.  I'm so nervous now that something else is going to go "wrong" (had a bit of a harrowing birth experience which I will share when I have a bit more distance from it).  I...
Time has totally gotten away from me!  I was hoping for an 11/1/11 baby and used to laugh when people suggested she might wait until 11/11/11.  I wasn't even thinking about how close Thanksgiving was until you all started talking about it!  We were supposed to have at least 3 weeks with the baby before my in-laws arrived.  Fortunately my husband told me yesterday that they were all very understanding and were prepared to cancel their trips if that's what we would prefer....
So - I'm scheduled for an induction tomorrow.  I called my midwife to see if we could postpone for a day at which point I would be exactly 42 weeks according to my earliest u/s.  Unfortunately she's not working today so some women I've never even met is making the decision for me.  There are all of these "issues" that she has to look into first including whether there is an induction slot available on Wednesday.  Grrrr!  I'm a mess.  My daughter is sitting in front of...
41 weeks and 3 days.  U/S went well yesterday but we're running out of time.  I have to go in for an induction on Tuesday if baby hasn't arrived.  I hate this feeling of urgency.  Blah!
When deciding what to do/where to go your first consideration is: "how far will I be walking?" and you choose the option that involves the longest distance.
41 weeks and 2 days today.  We have our second ultrasound this afternoon.  I finally lost part of my mucous plug yesterday and another huge chunk today.  Also had some pretty intense contractions last night and am feeling crampy this morning.  So - I'm hoping I'll go into labor before during or right after the u/s.  Would be convenient since we have a babysitter scheduled already.  I too have to admit to being a bit let down about not giving birth on 11/11/11 - as...