or Connect

Posts by KnitScrapSew

I have not been homeschooling for very long, but here are a couple thoughts that might help.   The first thing I would do is review the legal requirements for homeschooling in your state. If it's been anytime at all since you last homeschooled, they might have changed. You can go to the Homeschool Legal Defense website and see the laws for every state here: http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp Click on your particular state to get more information. Here is a...
My family has multiple generations of sexual abuse in our history, and I have three daughters, so this is a subject that I am very passionate about. The best resource I have found is a book called "The Swimsuit Lesson." The basic premise is that anything covered by your swimsuit are "special areas" and children should come and tell Mom & Dad if anyone touches their special areas. Jon Holsten, the author, is a police detective on our local force. I have heard him speak...
Like others, I have a stand mixer and use it all the time. Mine lives on the counter, but I can see how it would get less use if I had to pull it out and put it away. It is HEAVY. I use mine for dough, cakes, cookies, whipped cream, meringue, and many other things. If you have the counter space and want something more versatile for baking, I would definitely invest in the stand mixer.   Bread machines have their use, but I find it rather limited. I use the dough...