or Connect

Posts by darjeelingmomma

Well, if I don't get the courage to post this now, I doubt I ever will. I went searching for a mommy type forum that fit my "style" about a month ago, because I sometimes feel so alien in my RL circle of moms and I really needed to talk to some like minds. Just a little background rundown on my family. I am 37 and my DH is 49, we've been married going on 16 years. I have two amazing (seriously they've somehow turned into stellar adults) stepchildren from DH's...
Sadly I don't think situations like this are that uncommon in certain communities/circles. In my own community birthday parties are a status symbol and all around nightmare to navigate.   I bolded a bit in the quote below that states exactly what made me question the OPs motives. First off, how awkward to put that on the friend going to the party and second, why? Was it just to make everyone involved feel uncomfortable and bad?  This whole thing was like turning a jelly...
  She sounds absolutely lovely and very smart, its so great that you two have found a way to communicate. Communication is always the key, right?   First off, it does get better as they get older, I promise you. When my children were/are at that age, its a lot of modeling behavior. I've always had little monkey see/monkey dos at that age, they were always eager to do what mommy was doing. Just an example here, one thing that has been an issue for me in the past. Putting...
  I can't wait until I can have a sig and don't have to keep listing my stats.    I have 7 children, one on the way, 5 living at home currently. So yea, crazy amounts of laundry and some uniforms and most of my husband's work clothing goes to the cleaners so that's another errand on top of it all. I keep my laundry room extremely organized and well stocked, I'm diligent about it, otherwise I would feel really overwhelmed by it all. Clutter and I don't get along...
I voted $1000-$3000 but that is mostly just the gifts and it varies. I'm just guessing at an average. We go a bit crazy on birthdays they are just a really big silly deal to us. Christmas is very family oriented and my DH and I get them just one gift and fill up their advent calendars and stockings. The rest of the year they save their allowance/gift money to buy the new shinies they want and just have to have.   As to birthdays - the whole week gets dedicated to the...
Hi momma, sending you a .   Its hard to respond without knowing her age but I second all of the above that she doesn't need to be in therapy for being bisexual. You should feel really proud that she felt safe enough and strong enough in your love for her to come out to you. How lucky she is!   I am sure you have done this, but make sure you talk to her about sex, especially about healthy safe sex and make sure she has the tools and resources she needs in case she...
I agree that one on one time is essential and second everything Tigerchild posted.   Since your DH wants a change and seems unhappy with it perhaps family time can be the fun sorta bonding time and one on one time can be more mundane? Maybe running errands or just quiet time together? That way its not so alluring to the sibling waiting their turn? I really like the quiet unscheduled sorta bonding time myself.   Personally I think learning that it isn't always...
I think $20 sounds reasonable and nice. I guess it depends. What would you normally spend on a gift? If I were in this situation I would let that be my guide. $40-60 is normal here for a teen friend's birthday gift so I think I would go for $50, a nice midway mark.  
  Hi! Happy to be here!   * Name: Mia * EDD: August 27th - I have been known to go late, so I may hit September. * Age: 37 (I'll be 38 in March) * Location: Potomac, MD * How long it took to you to get your BFP: Happened on the first cycle ... thats never ever happened before.  * What number child is this for you: 6th! * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH James (49) DSS Jim (25) DSD Tiffany (23) DS Reagan (14) DD Paloma (11) DS Dylan (9)...
I am so aggravated for you. This situation seems so out there. Therapy sounds like a good idea, I hope he will participate. Losing the little one then blaming him? I just have no words except, he's lucky he didn't marry me. You are a strong woman momma.