or Connect

Posts by seawitch

Coabode is awesome and I'm behind it all the way. FWIW for all those who say "I'm a single mother with no means" etc. - I am perfectly confident that there's someone out there if you look hard enough. I want to homestead with a single mother in the future if that's possible. I know when I was by myself and looking into home sharing etc. that's what I wanted to do - team up with another mom with kiddos in my situation and live a homesteading dream. I mean it's not that...
Disability adjusts for inflation - but minimally. We've had years when it didn't increase at all, other times by like a few dollars. The government sets it, so I guess it depends too on the status of things there. If he dies, the property tax remains at the same rate as long as I live in it and do not remarry. I seriously doubt that he would leave. We have tried a separation before and we both agreed that we will never again try that. IF he did up and leave, just to...
Ah, it's been a while... I'm a little disoriented. We're in FL right now. Our old house sold but we didn't really get as much for it as we were hoping to. So now we're trying to figure out where to move to, and I'm having commitment issues. Things with DH aren't really going well (not between us, he just has medical issues and things have taken a turn for the worse in the past year) and there are just SO many factors to consider when choosing a property. I want to be...
There's a thread somewhere on MDC called the Soggy Mainstream Mamas or something like that... I'll try to find the link for you. Point being is that there are a lot of people like you on here. The idealism of the boards increases and decreases over the years, and that comes with board politics and such - but there are a lot of people who have expressed very similar sentiments as you. I'd say welcome here no matter what - you don't have to take ALL of the idealism...
How old were your kids, again? Off the top of my head - let them listen to interesting music on Youtube. Or pick a theme for the month and see what you can learn about the music from there - either a time period, or a genre, or a geographical area. Classical, country, rock and roll era, etc. Japanese, Mexican, Irish, African, Appalachian, etc. Ancient music, 60's, 1920's, 80's, etc. Or pick influential composers and listen to some of their more kid-friendly music - I...
Now, er... what exactly is meant by "trouble"? Trouble as in, "please correct this and bring us the properly filled out time sheet or we'll keep phoning your house" or "hey, we called CPS and they're going to show up momentarily to take the kids to their new boarding school-foster homes and take you to jail, have a nice day!!" - or something in between? What are the consequences? I'm not planning to disregard the rules, I like to stay on the right side of regulations...
Care to elaborate on the last bit? I'm in a point where I really am struggling with the same thing. I feel like I am living authenitcally but I'm often surprised when people get the wrong impression about me. I'm finally, now, approaching 30, starting to realize that while I know who I am and am comfortable with myself, it's kind of also my job to present myself in a way that other people get to know me properly as well. Since we move around a lot and meet new groups...
lol, you can assure her that not everyone does... I just had to look it up to see what the fuss was about, as I'd never heard of it before.
Did they change their policies? Back in the day I used to sell a lot of books, etc. off Amazon and always made a decent amount. Probably not a profit, but I was always satisfied to get my money back for something once I already used it. Did they not use to charge as much? I was more irked when actual shipping costs were more than the credit.
Now that we havea bit more to work with in our budget we have $50 per kid and $200 for DH and me, each. DH is horrible with money. He would buy himself all the toys in the world (video games, cigarettes, coffee, etc.) and blow our budget. For some reason if I put the money in he feels less deprived and stays to the budget better. I used to just give him an allowance and suck it up myself but then I felt resentful, so I portion myself some as well. I don't spend it...