or Connect

Posts by seawitch

My only comment is that It's shocking that someone would ASK for an iphone or handbags, or a trip somewhere. That's amazing. I don't have any of those things although I suppose if our priorities went that way I could swing some luxuries. But if I don't splurge on them myself, I am damned sure not going to expect someone else, family or not, to foot the bill for it. And really - purses and iPhones? Wow. I suppose if they did that I might have gotten them a gift...
Yeah. I think you're "supposed" to look a certain way if you're poor - haunted eyes, dishevelled hair in a bun, aged beyond your years, dressed in a potato sack or something - like you're out of a 1930's Great Depression photo. If you don't look the part, you must be exaggerating your financial situation.
I think it does depend on individual situations but the people who have more and who have posted on this thread, do have a feeling (which may be totally right, in their cases) that their family members with less money feel entitled to their money. That's the sticking point, I think. Perhaps the individuals are entitled money-grubbers. (I'm more than happy to take the posters at their words. It's quite likely we all know at least some people like that. But I think the...
That. Or else people are stuck in a low income bracket because they literally don't have other options. I hate to get redundant and share my situation, but what the heck, I know we're not the only ones in our situation. My husband has health issues and cannot work. I get a small stipend for taking care of him, which means I also cannot work. We can go weeks or months where he can't be left alone, or else weeks where he's hospitalized. I have to be with him 24 hours a...
Hey fellow social misfit. I do a couple of things after the holiday. For one, I always do a sort of spring cleaning. I declutter, and take inventory of what I have, and what I need, and what things I need to accomplish in the coming year. It's good that it coincides with the end of the year / New Year's thing. If you have family willing to take out your kids, then great, at least you have more time to do it. I am also journalling like crazy again, and reading...
Don't know a darn thing, but I hate to see a thread with no replies. IME depression sucks... however I'm pretty sure I wouldn't try a pig's placenta even if it was possible that it'd cure me. Maybe I'm not adventurous enough. Hey, if it worked you could patent it, maybe.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of advice but I do have sympathy. At one point they thought DH had a tumor like that and they still haven't ruled it out. However, from my experience, they're rarely REALLY dangerous - although they're often quite inconvenient. I am in NO WAY giving you medical advice, however I would say (without researching, mind) that I would probably not BF as long as I might otherwise if I had had been in perfect health, but any amount of time you...
"Just adding that yes I am pregnant and no one better flame me for it b/c you don't know the circumstances around it and I don't care what your opinion is." And to wander off on a tangent, cos that's what I love to do - I don't get why people have judgements about those things. For all you know they were on two different types of birth control which both failed. Or maybe they really were in the heat of the moment and "irresponsible". Or maybe it's because of their...
Bearski - Right... but that's really neither here nor there when the OP or other posters are stuck in awkward social situations with people who, presumably, are nice and well-meaning individuals, loved ones, family, friends, etc., but are still not "getting" what their financial struggles are. I think a better question would be how much are they supposed to reveal to their friends/family/employers/co-workers/whoever about how, "no, really, REALLY it's not in the budget"...