or Connect

Posts by seawitch

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. That might definitely help us out if they offer it in our area!
Also, they both know their numbers and have a clock and will even talk about how we're not supposed to wake up before 6 am (that's my limit, I'll be OK with 6, it's still dark but whatever... 6 is fine) but then they will try to be sneaky and get up... and then when they hear me coming they will run back to bed and pretend to sleep. And there is nothing sneaky about 3 and 4 year olds. I can't ignore them because they will get up to stuff if I don't supervise them. The...
My kids have always been early wakers. I don't think they've ever woken up after 6:00, not even if they're sick. Fine. But recently they've been waking up at 5, 4, and now for the past week we've been up for the day at 3 am. I am not a happy mama. If we keep them up later, even for weeks, they still wake up at 5 am the latest - they're just super grouchy and grumpy. During those times I get maybe 2 hours per day and get migraines daily. So we inevitably revert to...
I don't do the bar thing but I totally agree that it can be the case. I used to have guys think it was a challenge when I said I was with someone.Hell, even without a ring, guys just don't, like, care. Conversations usually used to go like this. And I'm talking tons of nearly identical conversations."Hey, you wanna hang out?" (wink wink nudge nudge)"No, I have a boyfriend.""Where is he? I've never met him.""He's on a deployment.""Oh, cool. So you wanna meet at...
One thing to keep in mind - in the winter even though the temps are very mild it's humid-cold. We moved from CO in the middle of the winter - it hit minus 30, freaking hell, last winter there... But the average in the winter was around 0. I felt *less* cold there at 0 than I did in Seattle when it was 35-40, just due to the humidity. You could absolutely get used to it, I think, and dress for it, etc., but it took me off guard - a winter low temp of 35 sounds awesome in...
Regarding the times when DH gets those moments and questions his OWN masculinity about why I keep him around since he doesn't have a job... I tell him I keep him around for the sex. That usually cheers him up.
I think especially in this economy it's an insensitive issue... How many men who are trying to find a job can't? If they know you well enough for that question to be polite to ask they would already know of your situation, I think. And if they already know about the situation (like your dad, for example) I would think they would "get it" more... I recently told my mom that my DH will never work. Before, she also did the "can't he go to school" routine. It was only...
OK, I'm not stalking you, lol, but I could have written this post myself. We're trying to figure out what state to move to as well, except we are considering South Carolina, Wisconsin, and upstate NY. And possibly western PA. We lived in Washington and it was SO freaking pretty up there. A bit of trouble with mold though and cost of living was really high. We lived in Seattle and we had an apartment from hell situation (with the other tenants) and there was so much to...
OK that seriously made me tear up a little! Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm not really... *worried* about it, just wondering how that dynamic played out for others. I do feel like I've gotten the answer to my question. Thanks, ya'll!
I know the feeling! We're short on grandparents, cousins... etc. Both DH and I were only children and have no family to speak of... We have like no extended family and I'm always wanting to like adopt other people to be cousins with lol.