or Connect

Posts by Chaika

Hi ladies, I took a break from this site for a bit but popped back on today to see how everyone's doing.  Sorry to hear of the health issues some of you are experiencing.  We all got a cold last week but it seems to be almost gone now.    Anton has two teeth and eats some solid foods now (banana, avocado, sweet potato).  No crawling yet, but he gets around pretty well by rolling or scooting.  It's a lot harder to get him to sleep these days.  I was so spoiled when he...
Camera phone pic, so not the best...but I wanted to add to this cute baby & daddy trend :)  
DH is super excited but I keep telling him, not yet!  Anton doesn't sit up very well yet.  He'll reach for something, then topple. 
This is an issue for me, too.  Thing is, he'll fall asleep really quickly if he's tired and nursing, but then if I try to pop off he wakes up...so it usually takes a few tries.  My mom has gotten him to sleep by holding him and dancing/rocking, and DH has gotten him to sleep by giving him a bottle (pumped milk).  I used to nurse him to sleep, then put him in his own bed.  Now he always wakes up if I try to move him...that's why we're co-sleeping right now.
I love coffee, but right now I'm limiting it to 2 cups per day, and I make it only 25% caffeinated.  That's because I cut caffeine out almost completely during my pregnancy, and reduced my tolerance.  One time I made half caff and actually got jittery...totally weird! 
Hi Noorjahan and Jbouck5!  I'm jealous of these trips to Italy and Dubai.  World traveler babies!   Those pics of Eleanor are adorable!
Happy New Year, everyone!   I'm hard at work on my grad school applications.  One of them is due on the 25th and I'm almost done, just getting second opinions on my essays and looking everything over before I submit.  They only take 8 students per year and I REALLY want to get in!  It's fully funded and if I get a teaching assistantship they will pay me for that, so my fingers are crossed!   Anton has gotten really squirmy!  Sometimes it's hard to change his...
But, interestingly, when I click from this page on the "next thread" and "previous thread" links, those threads are still there.  Seems something is wrong with the main discussion page...
Yeah, I'm getting this too...
I don't have Netflix anymore, but I've done this one on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfU2cFCM9l0&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLF5B6CE2544651213   My MIL sent me Pilates and Yoga DVDs that you can supposedly do with baby...haven't tried them yet.    My good news is that I actually lost 1lb over the holidays!  My not so good news is that one day I decided to go for a run and ended up injuring BOTH of my ankles.  It was silly of me...I've never...