or Connect

Posts by RootsAlive

I thought I was going absolutely crazy, my srtong independent capable self turning into an anxious, fragile, depressed being.  4 months ago, I started feeling AWFUL and called the acupuncturist and told them I felt like I was having a bad trip. (Don't worry ladies, my mushroom days were many MANY years ago). I went immediately to the accupuncturist and sat under the needles for almost 2 hours. I left feeling normal, like myself again. That evening, I started my first...
You would probably notice fluid draining from her ears if the membrane had ruptured, and often a DECREASE in pain d/t/ less pressure.   We use the drops 3 x a day. I wouldn't do it anymore than 4, you wouldn't want to use too much. And not to contradict PbjMama, but after the antibiotics (2 different kinds) the garlic oil is the ONLY thing that got rid of the ear infections (without diarrhea!!!) and NO TUBES!!!!   Stick with 3 times a day.   After a couple...
GARLIC OIL. Just cut a couple cloves of raw garlic and steep them in a little dish of olive oil. We use an empty tincture dropper ( an empty medicine dropper would work) and put 3 or so drops in the ear, with him laying on his side, and let the oil work it's way in. Once you feel they've had time to soak in, flip her over to switch ears. This is highly effective, it's soothing to the pain, and has strong antibacterial/anti-infective properties.  Let it steep AT LEAST...
Although I know that bed wetting is somewhat normal, I am truly starting to worry that this is never going to end!! We try to encourage her, tell her not to worry, there were bed wetters on both sides of our family. It won't go on forever( RIGHT???) Her brother can be brutal to her at times about it. Even with pull ups, often the rest of our laundry gets set on the back burner for the sheer mountainous piles of pee bedding that always seem to accumulate- Daily ( and in...
We have an almost 12 year difference and a 9 year difference (13 boy, 10 girl, and 1 boy). Now that the little one is 19 months, there are some things that are beginning to be a challenge. They have both been so loving, helpful and thoughtful with the little one. Now that he's a bit older, staying up later, and wanting to take a more active part in "big kid" things, we've had to really focus on making time for us larger folk. We take each kid on individual outings once a...
We run around the ottomen ( or laundry basket, or dining room chair) yelling "Run! Run! Run! Just as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!!" Just round and around.... and he's usually pretty well worn out by the time he's ready to move on to something else.
I am the mother of 3 kids (13, 10 and 19 months) and I have found that sometimes, they just don't want to eat. It can go along with growth spurts- eating more while they're growing, and not needing so much when they've reached a plateau. I get the impression that your DS is young, maybe the amazing growth rate of the baby/toddler stage is starting to slow down a wee bit, or if he's cutting teeth, then his appetite may not be at all it's norm. Try not to worry, it will...
Friends and Family are wonderful things to have, but it sounds to me like you need Community. Tribe. Probably Women. Virtual ones can be amazingly helpful, but the ones in your life help the loneliness to dissolve. Blessings.