or Connect

Posts by austinbabe

I understand, but is the prevnar 7 ingredients similar to the prevnar 13?
Hi Dr. Sears, We got the all the recommended PC vaccines in your Alternative Schedule for my now 4 year old daughter when she was a baby. Now we have one year old twins and so far all they'be had are one round of rotavirus and two rounds of Dtap. One round at 2 months and one now at age one. I was planning on getting them HIB and PC, but I chickened out after reading so many scary stories and about all the controversy with it. My twins are not in daycare, but their big...
My twin girl likes nursing, but her twin brother refuses and will only take the bottle. They are about two months old. We had to use mainly bottles at first since I had a rough c section recovery. How can I get my twin boy to like nursing too?
Honestly, it didn't even cross my mind to ask you... but while reading the thread about circumcision I noticed that you shared that you chose not to circumcise your kids. So then I thought, hmm I wonder if he got them the MMR, since that's another controversial topic, on this site at least. However, it is understandable that you would want to limit personal information on the internet. I wasn't so confused about it until they stopped offering the separate vaccines...
Thanks Dr. Sears.  Even if we don't travel, I'm considering starting her in preschool only because I feel like she's ready and it's going to be tough to keep her entertained at home.  I am concerned about her bringing home colds as you mentioned, however if I'm able to breastfeed the twins won't that help alot?    As far as measles in Lebanon, there was a UN related program that has worked on getting all youth vaccinated over the past decade, so big improvements were...
Hi Dr. Sears, I recently asked you about travelling overseas to Lebanon. As I mentioned in the other thread, we've skipped some vaccines for our three year old daughter (we've skipped Hep B, Hep A, MMR, Chickenpox, and I think we are missing one Dtap). If we go we'll be staying two to three months. I think my 3 year old may get pretty bored there so I'm considering putting her in a preschool part time while we're there. It is a reputable clean preschool, but I'm...
Wanna bump this thread in case more mamas have experiences to share...
Thanks Dr. Sears, it's great to have your feedback...
Thanks Dr. Sears, I appreciate your reply.  Yes, we'll only have time to get the twins one dose before travelling.  I'm hoping to be able to breastfeed though, so would that help immunity wise for the trip?   Also, I noticed on your website that you recommended doing the MMR at age 4 (since getting it separately is no longer available).  As far as side effects are concerned, is it less risky to get it at this age?  I'm just asking since some seem to believe it's...
Hi Dr. Sears, It's great to see you on this site! We have an almost 3 year old and are expecting twins this summer.  With my 3 year old we have pretty much followed your Alternative Vaccine Schedule, except we have not done Hep B, Hep A, Chicken Pox, and MMR.  We are planning to travel overseas in the fall/winter to Lebanon for about three months.  Before leaving the U.S. I may only have time to get the twins Dtap and Rotovirus vaccines.  Though available, my...