or Connect

Posts by MontMama

Hi, gcgirl, I came across your post yesterday and am wondering if you had your fructose intolerance confirmed? After suffering for several years my mother has had her fructose tolerance just this summer. It is quite a relief to find some answers to her discomfort, although she has had trouble learning more about it and adjusting her SAD. I've been combing for the web for birthday cake recipes--it would be nice if I could help her feel stronger and healthier this year!
Quote: Originally Posted by Village Mama I think that we are also expected to have this picture perfect relationships with our children( like the commercials where staying at home is so much fun all of the time... where you just shrug " oh jimmy" when your child has just trashed your kitchen... you just smile and happily clean it up!) and are expected to be VERY involved in everything. I was kind of thinking about this today. In the 1950's,...
Kidzaplenty, I can't imagine having so many children and trying to work . . . how would I get to know them all if I was only home a couple of hours every night? And they change so fast. Or . . . were people suggesting you work in lieu of having kids, or having more kids? This past weekend I told my mom that my SIL is expecting another (she has one) and that she wanted four and my mother sounded shocked and not happy on the phone. All that college, why does she want so...
Lack of extended family (they're all in San Antonio on my side, and DH's parents are in CA) and frustration with having to drive around all over town to find "family" is one reason why we crave, crave, crave a walkable, dense community to kind of recreate that sense of family and cohesiveness. In post-WWII neighborhoods and cities like mine, neighbors just don't visit with each other very often (my neighborhood is actually a lot more social than most suburban...
Quote: Originally Posted by lauraess Thirdly: sounds a bit elitist to say that especially the ex-professionals should be doing more. For sure. That's why I guess I'm saying it's awful, because it's this knee-jerk reaction, but I'd like to understand, a little more, why I'm having it? What was I taught that gave me these expectations, and are they entirely wrong? And, also, I certainly can't be the only one with the reaction, because I know...
Quote: Originally Posted by theatermom I agree with what one pp said about the extreme pressure for women to "do something" with their lives other than "just" raise children. I have so much to say about that, but my kiddos are calling for me... This is maybe a little off-topic, but maybe not: What does the group feel about SAHMs who spend all day playing with their baby (or taking baby to playgroups, the library, baby gym, etc.) and tending to...
Wow, N., thanks for posting all the info. I had no idea that pre-e was such a complex condition. Makes your new little babe all the more special, doesn't it?
oh - - - You can find gentian violet at the druggist's, often with the first aid stuff. If you've got a bugger of an infection, the GSE might help, but I don't know where you would find any up there. Usually vitamin stores and health food stores carry it, and there are lots of places that carry it online, too.
Aw, Pam, that stinks! But I know you can get over this! A really good, detailed protocol for treating thrush is here: http://www.kellymom.com/newman/c-candida_protocol.html . I know you are on dialup, but this should load quickly because there are no pictures here. You need to treat all three of you. And if you choose to use gentian violet, detailed info is here: http://www.kellymom.com/newman/06gentian_violet.html . Hope that helps, Pam!
boink