or Connect

Posts by Imprint

With my beautiful six month olds, there is so little time for anything else, that as dearly as I love being with them, and as much as I look forward to future siblings for them, the reassurance of reading this now, when there clearly has been time for all the mothering AND other dreams, is deeply reassuring. It made me weep (for a moment). Thank you!
Also thinking of her/them, and hoping all is well...
Congratulations!  I am so happy for you!  ALL of you!     I can't imagine giving up one of my twins, and I am so happy you were brave/bold/determined/loving enough to grow and birth both River and Raven!  And to have them healthy.  Well done!!!!     My Oliver and Lydia are four months old, too (give or take - 17 weeks, today). 
Congratulations!  And welcome!   I (foolishly) wondered why the multiples forums were a little quiet, before my twins were born.  But people here are very helpful and kind.
Yes, I agree with these, especially the hand laid on them.  Sleep sacks, fleecy pjs, and lightweight receiving blankets all help mine, as I think warming the bed would, if I had time/hands to do it in.   And I agree that sometimes, nothing works.  
Janine, I know it's tiring, but I don't think there's anything unusual about what you're describing.  I would:   Try to appreciate the long stretch, and use it for sleeping, yourself. Realize it's not unusual, and that, while difficult, this will end. However, meanwhile, try The No-Cry Sleep Solution, for good, gentle, effective ideas on helping them sleep better and self-soothe when they rouse, without a need.  It ought to extend their sleep, at least some of...
Wow.  I just want to say how marvelous and inspiring this is.  My twins are EBF, and have been all but 2.5 days of their lives, and growing well, but I was fortunate - no other kids, just two babies, born at almost 39 weeks, strong nursers, with minimal tongue-tie issues we got dealt with quickly.  Even that is exhausting, in the early weeks.  I always think, when it's hardest, 'at least I don't have triplets.'  My sincere respect and admiration for your putting in that...
6 minutes.  Baby B wasn't extracted, but I'd been induced (due to extended SROM), and expect the pitocin sped things along.  
My twins are 6.5 weeks old, and also lost their original longer night stretch.  They sleep together in a crib a foot from my bed, usually swaddled (which seems to cut down on startling awake).  They wake anything from every hour to the occasional 3-4 hour stretch (not seen every night).  The things I've found saving me are: tandem nursing most of the day and at night, just picking up whoever fusses to nurse lying in bed; if, as so often, we both fall asleep, I rotate out...
I am popping in literally JUST long enough to say, I WISH I could catch up and visit with all of you.  I am thinking of everyone, even in the absence of details about how things are going for all of you.  Warm wishes and love to you all....    I hope I'll be able to carve out little bits of time better, in coming weeks.  Off to nurse the babies....