or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

i already knew most of the amazing things about hemp, but i didn't know there was a hemp car!
congrats :)
valencia grace diamond was born at 6:46am on 12/18/12. 9lb 8oz, 19.5in long.   she was "officially" due the 22nd, but i've had a feeling about the 18th for a long time. the morning of the 17th i finally got insurance ducks in a row, which was the last thing that needed to be done before birth. then i ate most of a fresh pineapple and walked around sightseeing with my parents for 3 hours. i came home and had a great nap (i can almost never nap deeply, so i started to...
i had my first bout of real contractions this evening, with lots of back and thigh cramping, and they were 3-8 minutes apart for about 3 hours. but then they spaced back out and the cramping lessened. i've had a lot of extra discharge the past two days, and it was really watery today to where i wondered if it was water breaking, but it didn't keep up so i think just watery mucus or i peed myself. and my belly looks like it is dripping down my body. every day it looks...
oh goodness, what a cutie! 
39 weeks.
good luck mamaB! alaskanne - if it stopped and hasn't started back up it was probably just watery mucus. with my first pregnancy i had extremely watery mucus towards the end and kept thinking my water was leaking but it wasn't. the term "mucus plug" makes it sound like it is one solid chunk, but it can come out gradually and be more liquid, and still be "plug". if it starts up whenever you lay down, and stops when you are vertical, it would be worth making sure it's...
i ended up getting the la leche league binder. not medical grade in any way, but longer than most and got good reviews as being comfier than most. my abs are so far separated, and last time they didn't separate quite so far but it still took forever for them to come back together and start being at all useful. i threw out my back pretty badly trying to lift things without any abs involved. so i'm hoping squeezing things a bit this time will help avoid that. i'm going to...
does feeling miserable and on the verge of uterine and emotional explosion count as feeling birthy? i am soooooo over this pregnancy. the past week i've been super exhausted, and a lot more achey and grumpy. it just all hit all of a sudden. and any time i walk anywhere i get a ton of twinges in my cervix. i haven't had any checks this pregnancy, and don't plan on being checked by the MW or during labor, but i caved and checked myself the other night. starting to feel...
good to know! i want to have lots of lanolin alternatives handy this time, and coconut oil has such a strong taste as well so i don't want to depend on it and then have baby not like it. will have to look into st johns wort oil as part of my arsenal.