or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

oh this is a cool thread...i hadn't seen it either. my family is me 25, dh 27 and dd 2. dh and i met in 2008, and got married 9 months later, and i was pregnant with dd 3 months after that. one of those super quick "meant to be" romances that i always swore up and down i'd never rush into... but we're coming up on our three year anniversary and it gets better every year. dh is in the navy. we live in southern maryland right now but are moving to san diego in september. i...
i had a dating u/s and whtever routine "intake" bloodwork my OB practice requires, which i think just tests my iron and hormones. also had the HIV test just so that they won't automatically order one for the baby when it is born (was told most hospitals now will test the baby if the mom hasn't been tested) and will have an anatomy scan at 20 weeks because hubby really wants to know the sex. other than that, i'm having as little testing as possible. i am only 25 and have...
so after my "i won't feel anything for months" post, i'm almost certain i felt baby last night. i'm 12 weeks today. dh and i had some "alone time" before bed and my uterus always contracts a bit afterward so i'm very aware of its size and location. and right after that, curled up to go to sleep, i felt a lot of little flutters right in the uterus. didn't feel like the tiny gas bubbles i've been feeling, since it was in the uterus and didn't move around when i changed...
i have a tipped uterus, so i'm not expecting much. i felt dd at 19 weeks and she was a crazy mover in the womb so i wasn't not feeling her before then because she was being still. just had to wait for my uterus to tip the right way. i'm hoping for earlier, but not really expecting anything before at least 16 or 17 weeks. saw little one kicking like crazy on u/s the other day (at 11 weeks) but can't feel any of it.
i'm so excited to finally be showing. i've been really jealous of everyone's bellies! by lmp, my due date is 12/22, but by ovulation it is 12/19 which is closer to what the ultrasound was showing. and i know i implanted really early because i started getting sore boobs at 6dpo. so i think i'm almost 12 weeks rather than just hitting 11 weeks. but it's all relative anyways, right? baby will come sometime in late december, whenever it is done cooking.
this is either 11.1 or 11.5. the ultrasound has me farther along than i thought so i don't really know now.
i second the cranberry. as much of it, and as much water as you can drink. i don't get a fever when i have a UTI, just get hot feeling and that weird "something is off" feeling. if you think you have one, probably should get it checked out. with my last pregnancy i had one and didn't know it, and it caused all sorts of annoyance and i almost had to be admitted to the hospital because it was causing me to have swelling and contractions. no fun....probably less fun than an...
i sleep on my back until it gets uncomfortable, at which point i sleep leaned up on pillows so i'm at enough angle that the pressure is off the veins. i can't do side sleeping because i have back problems and my pelvis tends to separate very early and very painfully in pregnancy. if i sleep on my side i literally can't walk the next day. so i'm flat on my back till about 5 months, and then half sitting the rest of the time. my doctor told me i would feel uncomfortable on...
oh, i am so so sorry to hear that. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. i hope you find peace, and that you can get the support you need from your loved ones. hugs.
decide what is absolutely essential to get done, and don't do anything not on that list. for me, it is essential that dh's work clothes be clean and wrinkle free. so when i run laundry his clothes get folded and the rest of the laundry goes in a pile on the couch to be folded whenever i am able. it is essential that we have dishes to cook and eat on, so a lot of days i wash just enough to eat and the rest stay in the sink. it is essential that dd has diapers, but not...