or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

i plan on turning too-big jeans into maternity jeans by just cutting out the front waistband and sewing in a stretchy fabric panel. i'm 6'2" so it's hard to find regular pants long enough, and basically impossible to find maternity pants long enough. i may also make some maxi dresses just using stretchy fabric sewn to a tank top or tee. i like the idea of sewing elastic into tees...do you just sew it on top of the existing side seam?
the spotting is all brown today, so i'm pretty sure it was nothing. i think my cervix just really hates grocery shopping, because spotting almost always and only comes after grocery day. sadly, sending dh alone to the grocery store is like sending a child alone into a dark enchanted forest. it's reassuring to hear the dizziness is something normal for other mamas. it's actually pretty awesome if it's low blood pressure, since i'd really prefer not to have another "high...
thanks mamas. i think the spotting probably is unrelated, and i'm not super concerned about it, it just threw me off to have dizziness at the same time. i didn't have dizziness with my first pregnancy. though, in hindsight, i had pregnancy related high blood pressure the first pregnancy, so maybe that's why i had no dizziness then. my blood pressure is normally pretty low, so maybe dizziness means this will be a normal pregnancy and i won't have to worry about the high...
i'm having some light spotting tonight, pink and brown, which of itself doesn't concern me too much. i know it can be normal, and it's very light. but i've also been feeling a little dizzy today, getting worse this evening. i know dizziness can also be normal with increased blood volume of pregnancy, but i'm a bit concerned since it's in conjunction with the spotting. and it's not dizzy spells when i stand up, which would just be low blood pressure. it's constant mild...
my husband is the opposite. in the 3rd trimester when i'm huge and really not into it i have to pretty much push him off. in my first pregnancy we had sex at least once a week throughout. this time around it's slightly less often because our toddler likes to wake up at the most inconvenient times. do you think your husband doesn't want to have sex for fear of hurting the baby? i know a lot of guys fear that, in which case maybe give him some info about the safety of it....
i'm glad you feel comfortable sharing on MDC. i also live far from family and good friends, and i love having some great online support. my first pregnancy i had zero morning sickness and ate constantly and still lost weight in the first trimester. my body was just using everything i ate to build the baby, and there wasn't any extra yet. but i made up for it and ended up gaining 50lbs. this pregnancy i had a few weeks of morning sickness and lost weight, and now i'm...
i'm glad you feel comfortable sharing on MDC. i also live far from family and good friends, and i love having some great online support. my first pregnancy i had zero morning sickness and ate constantly and still lost weight in the first trimester. my body was just using everything i ate to build the baby, and there wasn't any extra yet. but i made up for it and ended up gaining 50lbs. this pregnancy i had a few weeks of morning sickness and lost weight, and now i'm...
9 weeks. starting to really notice some popping going on. and my favorite jeans no longer button. no idea why the picture quality is so bad on this one.
sounds like round ligament pain. yes, they can hurt near the cervix. they basically surround the whole uterus and 9 weeks is prime time for them to be stretching and hurting. with future pregnancies the pain may start even sooner. this is my second baby and round ligaments started hurting at 6 weeks this time. nothing to worry about, just signs that your uterus is growing as it should.
i'm kindof thinking/worrying about twins. but it might just be my brain chewing on my pregnancy worries. i have no twins in my family, but i am 6'2" and was bf'ing when i conceived. i think i'm just being pregnant and irrational. the thought honestly scares me. i'll be moving 3000 miles without my husband (thanks to the very considerate military) when i'm 7 months pregnant, so being 7 months pregnant with *twins* is my worst fear at this point. other than the fear, the...