or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

shoot. i figured that was the case but was hoping there was some magical, easy way. i think i'll try the barricade idea.
dd is just 10months but started walking a few weeks ago which has made discipline a sudden issue. with things like biting or grabbing for a cord etc she is pretty good if i say "no no" she will stop. and i try to redirect her to something else to grab or chew. but yesterday she started walking to the tv and slapping the screen. it's a flat screen so the slapping is bad for it, but that is not my main concern. it is mounted in an entertainment center but the mount is not...
i've noticed the same thing with my dd. she's not quite a year, but the same number of teeth and amount of solids. i just started getting serious about tooth care when i noticed the discoloration, but it's too early to know if it is helping. i had just been brushing with water, but i just started with baby toothpaste. and i've heard really good things about xylitol, so i'm planning to start adding some to her sippy cup. also started vitamin D drops to strengthen the...
california baby eczema cream made my dd's face worse, too. however, moon valley organics "ecza salve" works wonders for her. it also has callendula in it, but without the fragrance, which i think is what bothered my dd. lanolin also helped when her cheeks were very raw.
i love seeing all these gorgeous pics. i wonder if the facebook content moderators are just super lazy and know that instead of actually having to look for obscene images they could instead just search "breastfeeding" and fill their quota of images/content to get rid of. it seems like the content mods have to be specifically searching for breastfeeding groups/educators. don't some states have statutes making it illegal to harass a breastfeeding mother in public?...so...
i have never put bf'ing pics on facebook before, but put some up today. here they are:  
erinn - haven is pretty violent too, though i think it's just a combination of being insanely curious and excitable and having muscles and nerves that aren't fully under control yet. when she gets excited i get socked in the face, or scratched, or have my hair grabbed. i'm trying to figure out how to help her learn to be gentle without telling her "no", since she is only flailing around and hurting me because she's so happy to be in my lap. i don't want to say "no" to...
can i join? i'm betsy, and my dd is haven. she is 9 months old. it is so relieving to see this thread and know there are others in the same boat! i have been feeling like i'm just doing something wrong, because other people's babies seem so much easier. but i guess it's just her personality. i love haven, and i love being a mommy, but she is so exhausting. she will only nap if i hold her the entire time (i've tried every swaddle, swing, etc). she nurses every 2 hours...
thanks so much for the replies. you've given me some great ideas on where to start the dialogue with my husband. like i said, we don't have a boy yet, but i want to discuss and be in unison before it is an urgent issue.
thanks again to everyone for the advice. just wanted to update. i just got back from a ped appointment and am feeling so relieved. i talked to the dr about not being comfortable with some vaccines and she was actually supportive! i was so surprised. turns out the attitude of pushing shots and just assuming i'd want all of them was more about policy and the fact that most parents she sees don't care. but once i brought up concerns she listened respectfully and then told...