or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

nesting is kicking in hardcore for me, and i'm suddenly obsessed with having my bag packed for the birth center. especially since i'm on my own between now and 39 weeks, i want everything ready early. with dd i packed stuff like a cute "going home" outfit for me and baby, but we ended up in pj's and onesies the whole time, and i forgot my nursing support pillow which would have been really handy. so what are you mamas packing and why? i'm undecided whether to bring lots...
if i deliver around my EDD i'll have my mom and step dad here for a week after the birth, and they are both very good at helping without expectation. they are coming a week before i'm "due" to help get the house ready, freezer and pantry stocked, and do all the nesting stuff that is driving me crazy by that point but would be too tiring. then once hubby arrives (4 days after EDD and 3 days before my parents leave), he will have 10 days paternity leave. so if EDD is close...
i've started having some nausea when i first wake up, i think blood sugar/hunger related. nothing like first trimester though. my appetite is ravenous right now, but i'm expecting it to drop a bit as i have less stomach room. with dd i had to force myself to eat for about the last month just because it got so uncomfortable to put anything in my stomach.
you're not alone there. for most of this pregnancy my clitoris was not off, necessarily, but definitely on low. with dd i had insane sex drive but this time it's been spotty, partly because there's just less sensation and it's a lot harder to orgasm. what sucks is that in the past 2 weeks suddenly the feeling is back and my sex drive is way up, but dh left last friday and will be gone until the baby comes. nothing like welcoming him home with 6 weeks of no sex post...
i like the natural calm magnesium, and i also drink a tea of chamomile, hops, and passionflower which was made for me by an herbalist who works a lot with pregnant women. though if you have ragweed allergies you might want to avoid the chamomile. a lot of herbs say "not safe in pregnancy", and a lot of other medications too, which generally really means "has not been tested on many pregnant women so we're avoiding any potential lawsuit by saying not to take it". if your...
i have not this pregnancy, but with dd i know for sure that i did. i had weekly ultrasounds in the 3rd tri and sometimes would see her practice breathing at the same time i was feeling it. she was positioned pretty high and with her back against my stomach, so it was easy to feel. this baby is lower and turned a bit so i don't think i'll feel the breathing this time.
dream birth i will go into labor spontaneously (not induced because of high blood pressure), and it will be unmedicated and uncomplicated. overnight would be nice so that i can nurse dd to sleep, labor at home through the evening, go to the birth center and give birth, and then dd come see me and new sister when she wakes up. but the birth center allows children so if i labor during the day she can be with me. ideally i'll spend most of labor in the tub, have great...
yeah, it just hit me that i'm 10 weeks from my due date. we just moved into a new house/city/state on tuesday so i have a ton of work to do in those 10 weeks. not great for getting rest before baby comes, but great for putting all the nesting urges to real use. what will probably happen is that anything baby related will be carefully unpacked and obsessively organized, and the rest of the house will stay in boxes....dh is doing what he can this week, but then he's...
30 weeks. i can't believe only 10 weeks left!
25.4 weeks.