or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

thank you! i'm looking through the site and finding a ton of stuff to try!
i cannot sleep on either side at this point because it causes so much pain that i can't sleep (both hip pain, and horrible pubic bone pain). so i have what dh refers to as my "mountain". it is a pile of 6 pillows that allow me to sleep on my back in a half-sitting position, and a body pillow around my butt/legs so that i don't slide off the mountain in my sleep. once i set up the mountain my sleep got soooo much better. i'm kicking myself that i waited so long trying to...
i've been getting periodic blood and urine tests this whole pregnancy because i had PIH with my first. i don't have any PE signs, just the elevated BP. with my first pregnancy it never got severe and i never got any PE symptoms, and it even went back down on its own at about 36 weeks, but i still got shuffled into the "high risk, must do every single test possible and induce early" category. i'm not really worried about the BP as far as me and baby's health, since i have...
yeah, but sadly the eggs and milk have been part of brewer that i can't do since dd is allergic to both and i'm still nursing. i've been doing the recommended calorie and protein amounts, but getting them from other sources. and since i can't afford organic milk i'd not be comfortable doing that much milk anyways. i'm going to step my protein waaaay up though, and add gatorade to the water i'm already drinking, and see how it goes. i may not be able to do anything...
i had pregnancy induced high blood pressure with my dd, which led to all sorts of extra OB visits and hassle, and an unwanted induction at 39 weeks. my blood pressure has jumped up again, and i'm wondering if anyone has had any success using natural methods to get it back down. i've been sticking as close to the brewer diet as i can afford on a limited grocery budget, but i'm wondering if being more strict about it would be any help now that the BP is already up. i drink...
just found out my blood pressure is up (it was a possibility all along, and this is when it hit with my first pregnancy) which means it is the hospital for me. found out the birth center would take me late in pregnancy, but only if blood pressure stayed down. so now i have to start thinking through what support i can bring with me to the hospital to get the birth i want....i can't afford a doula, but need to look into volunteer doula services. my husband is military, and...
i voted "other" because birth center wasn't an option. i'm hoping to get in at a birth center, in which case i'll be having a water birth there. however, the possibility remains that at 7 months along they won't accept me as a new patient, in which case i'll be birthing at a hospital. i find out if the birth center will take me next week, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. also, if i end up at a hospital i'm leaving the possibility open for an epidural. i went into my...
great thread! i am introverted, but i also like to have a few trusted people to lean on because transition makes my head so fuzzy that i just don't think i'd be aware enough to do what is needed for safety. ideally i would like a quiet home birth with dh, my mom, and a midwife at the end. however, i'm stuck with what insurance will cover (there is zero chance of affording anything without insurance) and am working to make the best of it. hopefully (if they will take me...
thanks :). i probably should know that after three years on these boards lol.
i can definitely relate to some of what you're going through. i miscarried in january after 6 months ttc, and then got pregnant 3 cycles later. my whole first trimester was terrifying for me, and i didn't want to really think about being pregnant because i couldn't go through getting excited again just to lose another baby. i had a 10 week ultrasound and was happy to see baby, but it didn't really help me stop worrying. i don't think i really started to relax and just be...