or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

oh totally, i meant having colostrum right away when baby is born. the real milk can take time, but at least colostrum is definitely already there. i've had friends who didn't even have colostrum till 24 hours after the birth.
my colostrum came in about 20 weeks with dd and by 6 months i had to wear nursing pads all the time. you don't *need* to pump it ahead, since you'll make plenty for your baby when it is born, but i strongly doubt pumping will start labor. i'm nursing dd and my nipples get tons of stimulation with no contractions...and lots of mamas nurse through pregnancy. it will only start labor if your body is already close to being ready. a nice thing about getting milk so early is...
everyone's projects are beautiful! i really wish i could knit. i can finally jumb in here, because i've finally finished some projects and have a good start on a few more. i got sidetracked from crochet for a while with sewing baby things, but am getting back to my yarn. finished a soaker that i designed as i went (because i cannot follow a pattern to save my life). i wanted the fit of a pull on but wrap style for easier changes with messy newborn poo, so it has...
oh, i know i was doing too much. my husband had 10 days off work, and my mom was there during some of that time, but then she had to go home and he had to go to work. and i've got a two story apartment so even to get from bed to kitchen meant stairs. and hubby was working 12 hour shifts so couldn't do much for me. i also had a 2nd degree tear and stitches. it was weird though, my bleeding was tapering off and then four weeks pp got really heavy for a few days. then it...
just dropped back into this thread because i found a 12" binder - i think it is from medela or LLL, but i'll have to go try to find the link again - rather than most of them which are 9". found it on amazon. good for us longer torso-ed ladies.
i have 7 *so far*. i have a full color half sleeve on my left arm of a william blake painting. he's one of my favorite artists, and it's from his illustrated poem version of the biblical book of job. his work, and that book, have had a lot of significance for me over the years. i have a flower on my right back shoulder that i drew and then got on a whim at the beach. i have a henna style cross on my right forearm that i drew beneath the phrase "after darkness, light"...
18.2 weeks. looks like the photo uploader has changed. i hope in the post it shows up bigger...just looks like a thumbnail no matter what size i select to upload.
i really would not worry unless you start to get other weird stuff going on. with my dd (first pregnancy) once my stomach muscles started to separate/let go at about 5 months i started to get crazy and sometimes quite painful braxton hicks, and also be very aware of my uterus. this time it happened about 4 months. unless you start feeling sick or like something is wrong, please don't stress yourself out. most emergency rooms have a nurse you can call if you want a...
my bh are sometimes quite painful. especially with this pregnancy. been woken up at night a few times. for me, bh feel exactly like real contractions, just shorter and don't get closer together as time goes on. the rule of thumb is if you have more than 4 per hour you need to get checked out. but painful contractions that are random are not a problem. though, honestly, with dd i got bh every single night from 6 months on, and they were 15 minutes apart for a few hours...
with all those kiddos running around, how are parenting decisions made? is it the group of parents decides for all the kids, or each biological parent decides for their own kids, or a mix?