or Connect

Posts by mamadiamond

at the risk of sounding really ignorant - how on earth can it be safe to have decomposing tissue attached to the baby? my dd's stump didn't fall off till 11 days pp. an 11 day old placenta would be rotting, no matter if salt was put on it. and for that matter, i've salt preserved meat before, and in order to actually stop decay you have to submerge the meat in a tub of salt, you can't just rub some on. is there some biological thing going on that would preserve the...
just found this. looks very breathable. from the reviews it seems like people with short torso don't like it because it's long, so perhaps good for us tall mamas. and comes in a ton of sizes. i'm going to keep searching, but definitely looks like surgical support is having better results than looking for strictly post partum support.  http://www.amazon.com/Gabrialla-Breathable-Elastic-Abdominal-Binder/dp/B000WFW7W2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
now i'm going to spend hours trying to google a diy version/sewing tutorial. i wonder if i google "post surgery abdominal support band" there might be more options. and if they are medically geared rather than strictly matternity geared perhaps there would be more size options.
i'm 6'2". i've given up on ever finding clothes that fit. i actually get the best fit when i find men's clothes that are sortof unisex/euro looking, because they accommodate a long torso and broad shoulders. then i just have to figure out where to put my boobs. as far as belly binding, i've been thinking i'll try it this time too. would it have to be a wrap, or would something like "spanx" work? or wrapping a wide elastic bandage? just brainstorming, have no idea if...
i had complications with my first pregnancy that led to about 15 ultrasounds. the *only* time i had discomfort was during the 20 week anatomy scan dd's head was very low in my pelvis and the tech had to press in a bit to get a good view. my scans were all done by different people, so i didn't just have someone with a light touch. an ultrasound should not hurt. as far as what i would do if the tech was hurting me: i'd ask politely once, maaaaybe twice, and if they...
i just really popped too, and just noticed things getting a bit tricky. right now what works well is me on top, facing either way, or me on my back but with pillows behind me so i'm not flat on my back, or on all fours. when i was huge with dd i would sit on the edge of the bed with dh standing in front of me (because i was too tired to do the work of being on top and too heavy for dh to do the work if i was on top), or we would both be kneeling with him behind. all...
here is 16.3 weeks. everyone's bellies are so beautiful!
thanks everyone for the awesome ideas. i know that nutrition is more important than weight, i just want to make sure that i'm not wasting away myself because all my calories are going to belly bean and nursling. i feel like i'm doing better/figuring out what/when/how i need to eat now. i just wasn't prepared for the difference this time nursing and pregnant at the same time. i still haven't gained any weight, but i feel better, like i'm getting what i need. and i've got...
i eat almost 80 grams protein when *not* pregnant, and more like 100-120 when i am, so it doesn't seem that weird to me. and i gained 50lbs with my first pregnancy and without exercise had lost it again by my daughter's first birthday, so i'm not worried about that. if you gain by eating healthy foods, it's much easier to lose than if you gain 50lbs by eating big macs. and my very non-alternative OB never had any issue with my weight gain. my mom gained 60 with all of...
thanks both of you! i do eat salmon, but usually only in soup or baked/grilled. now i've got some more good ideas for it. and i think i'm going to have to relax on the deli meat thing. i think i'll start experimenting with smoothies, too. protein bars aren't in my budget, but i get free soymilk and tofu from WIC which i can experiment adding fruits to. i used to cook a lot with coconut cream, and have sortof forgotten about it lately, so i will add it back in. though i...