or Connect

Posts by SimpleLove

I agree with above. I think you put way too much energy into this. The only thing you can do to help is offer to clean, but you're saying you wouldn't physically do that anyway. If you don't think it's safe for your child to be there, stop visiting. Have them over to your house. Take her kids out for the entire day and maybe she'll get something done on her own.
Wow, I'm going to try using a washcloth! OP, I wash like you. The water runs the whole time. I conserve and am 'green' in every other area but it's worth it to me in the dishwashing case. Our water bill is under $100 a year and I'm okay with that. Soap is cheap and lasts a long time. btw, we don't have a dishwasher.
  That's why I feel it isn't your money. They put it in your name but it sounds like you'll never have access to it. If being a grown woman- and then going through what you have - doesn't qualify in their minds, I don't know what would. I don't think there's any system that flags your past tax returns against your application.
LilyMonster, I could have written your post. I am 6 months free of Facebook but still struggle with the habit to sit down at the computer.   Since leaving Facebook I've lost a surprising amount of local, real-life friends. Nobody emails anymore (I try to reach out). My local support groups (LLL, API, etc) have all switched over to FB so there's no way to know of meetings and events. When I am with other moms they start up a conversation like, "Hey! Did you see what I...
What's your bedroom setup? Could you fit 2 small cribs/pack n plays in there? even if you had to move dressers to other rooms. Also gives them a quiet place away from DD and her toys. You could wait on all this til closer to Christmas and maybe there will be big sales or you'll get money/gift cards for the holidays.
Can you put college on hold for a semester or two?   I personally wouldn't mention that stock on the application, though. Not sure how they could find out about it, and I'd play dumb if they did. And in what case would your grandparents give it to you? I just wouldn't see it as "my money/resources".
I agree, a classic futon frame and a separate mattress. We set out to IKEA for that and decided to skip the frame and buy the best futon mattress. ($200ish) It can fold against the wall to be a couch and baby loves being able to freely crawl on and off. And it's our family bed every night.
The 3rd link isn't working - I have a feeling the cotton would be my vote. Easier to take care of, more comfortable since it will be used every night.
I have a 9 month old who is just recently on the nap schedule you mentioned. 12 weeks seems like such a long time ago, but it sounds very young for them to reliably do anything. It's all about nursing on demand and it's tiring, I know. That 6hr+ stretch at night sounds pretty nice though!
48 months straight and still going with 2 kids.. No pump.