or Connect

Posts by jbgbmommy

Yes those are some of the things I am having a hard time seeking here in NJ. Except the organic food. Many good farmers markets now and Wegman's grocery stores are great. Check them out if you are back in the area. There is another mother on here from NJ that just told me about her experience getting a religious exemption and she said she didn't need a signature from a church official. Not that that would be out of the question, I might be able to get it, just another...
Thanks so much gozal!! Great info. Yes, I figured the less you say the better. That's why I wanted to ask someone on the outside for advice, because I don't want to ask anyone associated with the school. I'll probably let it go and just see if they pick up on the vaccines she hasn't gotten, and then go from there. Not sure if I mentioned that before, but we also selectively vaccinated. So you didn't need a priest/minister to sign the exemption I take it? It's weird,...
Thanks for the info! Yes, that is still the case in NJ (religious and medical exemptions). I think I am going to do the religious exemption if we can. Love that your Mom did that and was an atheist! You might not know since you were probably little, but did she need to have a church official (priest, minister) sign it? I wasn't sure if it would be something that our priest would just sign without questioning or if he would question our exact reasoning. The preK for...
I am originally from the Binghamtom area, although I don't live there anymore. It is a nice area that is family friendly and has a low cost of living. I'm not sure what you are used to, but I would imagine you will not have a problem finding affordable housing. I lived in Vestal and had a great childhood. My family still lives there. Vestal schools are good, as are Endwell and many of the others in the area. I went to catholic schools so I can't totally comment on the...
Thanks ladies! I am definitely going to call him. Hi spottedfoxx, I just replied to your other answer about my nursery school search! I hope things are going with with your little one MomDlo!
Gozal- Thanks that gives me hope on sending my daughter to school. If you don't mind me asking, did you get a medical or religious exemption? You talked to the district about your intention to get an exemption and they instructed you on how to do that? This is all new to me and I wasn't sure where to start. Thanks!
Thanks so much for replying to my question. I will look into those schools!
Just wanted to say you have done alot of great research! Unfortunate that there are not better resources for concerned parents regarding vaccines that could give valid info in one place to save parents countless hours of research.   I have a side question for you. I hope you don't mind. My daughter will be 3 in August and we are going to be sending her to preK as well. Every program I have looked into mandates a long list of vaccines in order for your child to be...
Hi ladies! I live in Camden County and I am looking for the same thing. It would be nice to meet a few moms who are "like-minded" that we could have playdates with. I have two girls, a little over 2.5 years and 14 months. It would be nice to chat about extended breastfeeding, avoiding toxins, or preparing healthy organic meals without people looking at me like I have 3 heads! : ) I also don't come on here much, so my email is mbakey22@gmail.com. Thanks!
Hi, I live in Camden County NJ and we are currently looking for preschools for our oldest child starting in the Fall. I have been really disappointed in what I have seen so far and I am getting discouraged. The good part is the places we have looked at seem very nurturing and caring. The teachers have seemed nice and like they truly care for the children. My main concerns are the snacks that the kids are fed is not what we feed our children. Especially still being so...