or Connect

Posts by DaisyO

Hello and thank you for the responses!   So, as you had predicted, LDHD is not anything real, it was just, I think, a mishearing of LD-ADHD, as Cyllya had guessed. What the more mysterious diagnosis now is, is Non-Verbal Learning Disorder (plus ADHD).  This is something that I and my family do not have any experience with, and my cousin, who is about 12, is being asked to leave his public school and enroll in a special school (he lives in a state where not every...
Hi!   Have any of you heard of "LDHD"?  This is (according to my grandmother, who may have misheard) the diagnosis of my quite troubled young cousin.  He is a very sweet boy with some serious attention and impulse control issues.  My grandmother wants advice, but based on this diagnosis I can't find out anything online.  Is there something similar she could mean?  Clearly ADHD seems to fit, but she doesn't think that's what my uncle told her... Also, if it is ADHD,...
Well, that is what I do!  Of course, I do the edges every time and also under the bed and behind the couch and stuff.  Maybe that like doubles the time it would take, which would still put me at 1 hour of vacuuming, which is more than twice the time others spend.  Very weird, I guess I'm just slow. I think your point regarding moths is a good one.  I do need to do a certain level of cleaning to maintain some control over them, which is probably the factor that's mangling...
hmmm...interesting.  I did think 2 hours was a bit long, but I really don't see how it can be done so quickly as you ladies are describing!  Wtf womyn!  I do have six rooms in the apartment--2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, kitchen, bathroom...all of them are either pretty normal or small in size.  I guess I spend an average of 20 minutes per room, but I do spend less in the kitchen and bathroom.  So I must be spending more time elsewhere.  The only thing I can think of doing...
So, boring question alert...   How long do you spend vacuuming your house, and how often do you do it?  I'm trying to vacuum once a week, but it takes me a minimum of 2 hours to do the whole place, and sometimes longer.  Does that sound normal?   This is problematic because I work, so I'm not able to spare the time as freely as I'd like.  We only have a 2-bedroom apartment, but I vacuum pretty thoroughly.  In the past, my partner was the vacuumer, but now it's...
I also don't have any real knowledge of this topic (sorry, I know that's lame), but my friend had two babies--singletons, though--with what was supposed to be fairly serious IUGR.  Both were induced prematurely (one month early), and both are totally fine now at 2 years (DD1) and 6 months (DD2).  Very intelligent, lovely, normal girls.  The cause of the IUGR is a mystery; my friend is in perfect health and was normally sized at her own birth 26 years ago.  She plans on...
did they check his blood lead (pb) levels?
This kind of thing makes me feel pretty sad.  My daughter (2.5) has also asked for a baby brother several times--"Mommy, have a baby and name him Peter!".  Also, at the supermarket this summer, we saw a sweet little baby boy in a cart.  My girl said something like "take him home with me", to which I said something like "well, he's somebody's baby and we're not taking him home etc etc".  Her response: "Buy it, Mommy."  wtf!   Anyway, she also does say things like "I...
Hi and hi!   I am a 33-year-old mother of a 2-and-a-half-year-old little girl.  1979 (or 80), hey!  Nice to "meet" you.    D
that is really cool.  will try asap!